So Trenton, are you listening to the 80s on WXPN?

Ralphie

Missed the shoutout.  No, I have to say I have not been listening much.... I think I've just been unlucky that the times I've tuned in I haven't enjoyed what I've heard.  I consider myself a fan of the 80s but it's not enough of a draw to pull me away from my regular listening.

I really miss the "glory days" when XPN did the big listener-voted countdowns and you couldn't keep up with the commentary on the bulletin board.  Those were really good times.

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Never Say Never by Romeo Void is excellent. 

See, I'd respectfully disagree with this statement. 

But I might try to tune in later when I might have a chance to hear One Night In Bangkok.

I probably just missed "Never Mind" by the Replacements - source of my sig line.

8 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

But I might try to tune in later when I might have a chance to hear One Night In Bangkok.

I put it on about an hour and a half ago during what turned out to be the last "On" song.  They've gotten up to "One More Try" by George Michael - which I don't believe I've ever heard.  And Shirley I'd be happy to not hear it again.  Dan Reed sez it hit #1 in 1987.

ah, here it is.  :D  although it's some weird remix.

14 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

I put it on about an hour and a half ago during what turned out to be the last "On" song.  They've gotten up to "One More Try" by George Michael - which I don't believe I've ever heard.  And Shirley I'd be happy to not hear it again.  Dan Reed sez it hit #1 in 1987.

ah, here it is.  :D  although it's some weird remix.

That was what I liked best aboot it.  I also heard a lot of new to me songs, as well as some old favourites.  Just like their regular programming, a nice mix of new and classic, IMO.