An Ethel Question

Road Runner

Why was Ethel best friends with Lucy?  Lucy was always dragging Ethel into her plans and schemes and they were always designed to benefit Lucy, never Ethel.  Not once did Lucy cook up a hair-brained scheme to help or bolster Ethel's desires.   And Ethel was married to Fred.  I'm pretty sure Ethel's life sucked a whole lot more than Lucy's.  Lucy could have come up with a plan for Ethel to kill Fred, collect his insurance and become the new apartment building owner.  Even if Ethel had gone to prison, it would have been better than being married to Fred.   :dontknow: 

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I loved the smell ethyl .  Gas stations were better in the 60s and 70s

I prefer to pump my own.  I remember in the 60's and 70's, you had to wait for an attendant to come out and pump it for you.  They would slosh gasoline all over my just waxed finish.  Bastards.  :angry:

36 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I prefer to pump my own.  I remember in the 60's and 70's, you had to wait for an attendant to come out and pump it for you.  They would slosh gasoline all over my just waxed finish.  Bastards.  :angry:

Our stations had self and full serve islands in Texas and Oklahoma.  Sometimes I would splurge and go Full service, esp if I was on a date!

• Heart 1

35 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Come to Oregon...it's just like the 50's, 60's, 70's   New Jersey....can't pump yer own. However you can roll yer own

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I know.  IIRC, the best show on then was about some redhead lunatic married to a Cuban band leader.  :(

No there were other good shows.  There was this documentary about these people stranded on a island after a disastrous three hour tour and another about this family that lived with dinosaurs and drove foot powered cars.

8 hours ago, Scrapr said:

Come to Oregon...it's just like the 50's, 60's, 70's   New Jersey....can't pump yer own. However you can roll yer own

I hate pumping gas, it is a despicable activity.  Gross never-washed pumps, you smell like syphilis and gasoline, I would gladly have anyone else do it!

6 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I hate pumping gas, it is a despicable activity.  Gross never-washed pumps, you smell like syphilis and gasoline, I would gladly have anyone else do it!

Have you experienced some of the mouth-breathers NJ has?  Both the ones I have to deal with in the morning are miserable fucks.  I miss the one good-natured, upbeat, friendly one from a station that is oot of the way now. :(