Rode the tank today

ChrisL

...jeez, you don't even have fenders on that sucker.  That's a lightweight.  :whistle:

Why, when I was a lad, we'd have been 'appy to have wheels.  Our dad made us carry our bikes around on our backs, and if we jogged too slowly while doing so, beat us with an old tubular tyre. But we was 'appy in those days.  You tell this to kids nowadays and they don't believe you.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, No One said:

...jeez, you don't even have fenders on that sucker.  That's a lightweight.  :whistle:

That bike weighs as much as my DS Anthem!  24 lbs is pretty portly even compared to many of your bikes.  It's not a high end frame, probably why it weighs so much.

11 hours ago, No One said:

Why, when I was a lad, we'd have been 'appy to have wheels.  Our dad made us carry our bikes around on our backs, and if we jogged too slowly while doing so, beat us with an old tubular tyre. But we was 'appy in those days.  You tell this to kids nowadays and they don't believe you.

Luxury. At least you 'ad a frame. Why, when I was a lad, we just put springs on our seat posts and got around by bouncing on them like a seated pogo stick.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Luxury. At least you 'ad a frame. Why, when I was a lad, we just put springs on our seat posts and got around by bouncing on them like a seated pogo stick.

"Seat posts"?! We had to ride the fence rails in our yard, big kids on the top rail, smaller kids on the lower rails. We'd scoot along the rails until we completed the race circuit.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2