I am not getting enough done

petitepedal

:runcirclsmiley: I need to make another batch of cookies and bake them...but I have a load of laundry going and a sketti squash in the oven...and I am a tad tired from my earlier workout..and a run to target.... 

FYI Christmas is expensive and crazy....how do parents do it??  :(  I stopped to get just a couple of items...and it is overwhelming ....I would rather do back to back workouts!!

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

:runcirclsmiley: I need to make another batch of cookies and bake them...but I have a load of laundry going and a sketti squash in the oven...and I am a tad tired from my earlier workout..and a run to target.... 

FYI Christmas is expensive and crazy....how do parents do it??  :(  I stopped to get just a couple of items...and it is overwhelming ....I would rather do back to back workouts!!

Yea, just buying groceries and looking at the bill. 

Hmmm, our Christmas meal will probably need to tack on an extra 20% more in terms of cost  -at minimum.  Dearie and I were looking over the Christmas gourmet cake bakery choices  @ $$. but worth it since his patisserie style is lighter, elegant German cakes..closer to French style.  So it would be dumb to dissuade dearie not to have such a cake.

His mother used to bake gourmet like cakes for Christmas...she's been dead for over a decade.  And a lot of fine baking secrets...went with her.

So he'll be placing his order this week for before pickup just before Dec. 24th.  Local baker is very popular cause his stuff is great for personal and corporate gifts.  I honestly think that's what people I've watched in various bakeries what they do this days....in lieu of a gift, an elegant baked cake or pie, or series of mini gourmet cakes, seems to be an easy win.

Your cookies would be great.

Note:  I buy gifts when I visit family members in person and vice versa ...meaning flying to another province.  So it is understood I don't expect gifts and in turn, I don't expect them to bear the cost of sending me gifts.  In lieu of all this, I do send out snail mail Christmas cards...for this reason, as  tangible good wishes for their mantlepiece.

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

I honestly think that's what people I've watched in various bakeries what they do this days....in lieu of a gift, an elegant baked cake or pie, or series of mini gourmet cakes, seems to be an easy win.

It's near impossible to pick out a gift that someone you know casually will appreciate, but, everybody likes good food    :hapydance:  

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

We didn't overdo Christmas when the kids were younger.   They got one "Santa" gift which was the main gift and stocking stuffers/smaller gifts.  Our families are so large that they would get a ton of stuff from family anyway.

Christmas shopping before internet shopping really took off was challenging at times.  Hunting around for the hot toy or game was tough.

3 hours ago, petitepedal said:

how do parents do it?? 

I took RO to a movie today.  I said I was a senior (stupid teenagers) and got a $4 discount, and I said RO was under 3 so she got in for free (again, stupid teenagers).  After the movie, she said she wanted a hamburger and fries, which I got for her and she didn't eat.  <sigh>  She ate a quarter of the fries and then said they were 'hard', but it took her 20 minutes to eat that many.  I ate the cold burger and fries and explained to her that food is only at its best for a few minutes when scaldingly hot, and that she should get after the food the minute it comes and stop playing and eat instead.

<double sigh>