A few pics.

KrAzY

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

nice pics...did you go in the basement? :D 

Yes.. Pee-wee's bike was not there :(

41 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I've never been there but I thought even less of the original structure exists.

There was the church (Alamo), hospital/gun storage/whatever 8'wide by 50'long building, a souvenir shop people in the 1900s then match the property, some of the original walls.. if my math is right from the diagrams and walking around.. half the structure was knocked down to build the city around it. Least the lady that owned the property was able to hold her ground and keep it for a historical landmark.

38 minutes ago, smudge said:

The original was really big? I did not know that.

See above

• Heart 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

Yes.. Pee-wee's bike was not there :(

There was the church (Alamo), hospital/gun storage/whatever 8'wide by 50'long building, a souvenir shop people in the 1900s then match the property, some of the original walls.. if my math is right from the diagrams and walking around.. half the structure was knocked down to build the city around it. Least the lady that owned the property was able to hold her ground and keep it for a historical landmark.

See above

Yep, the Alamo was almost torn down in the past.  Cannot believe it, but true.  BTW, I do not think PeeWee's bike was ever in the basement of the Alamo.  I think Francis Buxton had Madame Ruby lie to PeeWee to put him on a fake trail.  I cannot prove this though.

• Heart 1