You there, go make me a fried baloney sandwich

Randomguy

22 minutes ago, donkpow said:

This kind of thing was popular in my youth. Also bologna salad sandwiches and bologna gravy.

This but I never liked fried bologna.  The salad stuff we called sandwich spread (it's still called that at the LGS).  In my youth I eat a lot of that on Wonder Bread with sandwich spread and MiracleWhip.

I never heard of bologna gravy and anyone suggesting there should be such a thing should be shot.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I have never had fried bologna.  We had bologna at the in-laws house before, but it was cold.  

It is a hundred times better fried.  It still is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but it smells sooo good.

What is so tricky about sliced bread, btw?

Just now, Kzoo said:

FIFY

Next these Bozos are going to expound on the culinary delights of fried hotdogs.

First you take a hot dog, then wrap bacon around it, then you deep fry it.  Then you put it on a bun with fresh pineapple, green onions, and teryaki sauce.  There is no hope for you if you don't think that tastes great.

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

Who eats those Vienna sausages?  Vile, mushy things.  

There was a guy that was in my life for a few.  He liked these vile things.   I broke up with him shortly after.  

These are TJ's nitrate-free hot dogs and cocktail dogs.  They do taste good, I have to admit.

Yum...

4 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Who eats those Vienna sausages?  Vile, mushy things.  

There was a guy that was in my life for a few.  He liked these vile things.   I broke up with him shortly after.  

Apparently I loved them as a kid.  My mom would send them to me in care packages and I never knew why.   Later on she told me I liked them when I was a child?  Huh who knew???

I tossed them, nasty even when drunk & hungry I couldn't eat them.

Every couple of years, like salmon returning to the stream of their birth, I still get the urge to eat stuff I grew up with - except Velveeta - like buying cheap garlic baloney and frying it for sandwiches. Unlike my poor youth when mustard was the only possible addition, I can now afford to add American cheese and a thin slice of Vidalia onion.

13 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Every couple of years, like salmon returning to the stream of their birth, I still get the urge to eat stuff I grew up with - except Velveeta - like buying cheap garlic baloney and frying it for sandwiches. Unlike my poor youth when mustard was the only possible addition, I can now afford to add American cheese and a thin slice of Vidalia onion.

Ha! One of my favorite sandwiches was an onion sandwich. Big thick slice of onion with mustard on bread. Mm-mm.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, donkpow said:

Ha! One of my favorite sandwiches was an onion sandwich. Big thick slice of onion with mustard on bread. Mm-mm.

I like onion sammiches, too, but with mayo.  One of my favorites is a tomato sammich, again with mayo, salt and pepper on whole wheat bread.  ?

• Whatever 1