How do you shine your disgusting shoes?

Randomguy

I don't have disgusting shoes.  OK my outside work in the yard shoes are disgusting and my basketball shoes have been disgusting for other reasons.  But office shoes are not disgusting.  If they get scuffed they get a coat of wipe on polish from a bottle with an applicator top.  $2.00 from your local store.

I am not a heathen like @jsharr so I don't wear disgusting pretend cowboy boots.

• Heart 1

38 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Wipe the top of your shoe on the back of the other pant leg.  Called an Infantry shine!

Now that the military has gone to brown non shine boots a whole generation of soldiers will miss out on the joy of spit shinning boots...

I actually got pretty good at shining up my boom dockers. 

I wear pajamas to work. What on earth would make you think I would shine shoes?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Parr8hed said:

I actually got pretty good at shining up my boom dockers. 

I have my old jump boots that haven't seen kiwi in over 30 years and those suckers still have a mirror shine!  I would wear them when I was in that reserve unit and nobody could believe I got that shine from kiwi alone.  Freaking weekend warriors...

• Haha 1

I get the shoe polish with the sponge built-into the opening and sponge it on my dress shoes (sometimes cleaning the dirt off first).

For my sneakers, I sometimes throw them in the washer, but I have three pairs:

one pair of beautiful green New Balance running shoes that I only wear for exercise or walking on vacations, etc. and don't tend to wear where they will get dirty and just need a paper towel or sponge for a quick occasional cleaning.

one pair of Dr. Scholl's padded shoes for wearing while watching the kids in the family play sports, shopping, or working in a relatively clean environment.  When they get dirty or beat-up enough they will replace the next pair down on the list and I'll get a new pair.

one pair of really cheap Walmart $14.99 sneakers with an old pair of Dr. Scholl's padded insoles that I use for mowing the lawn or doing other stuff that leaves a lot of marks or dirt on the shoes.  They look disgusting, but they shield my better shoes from looking disgusting.