25 years

Gump

1 minute ago, shootingstar said:

Best of luck. Have you been in the same position or how has your job changed?

For sure technology and people's adjustment of technology has added various dimensions for the jobs I have had/now have.  However what hasn't changed is people's various responses to change in the workplace.

I started as a technician(lowest position on the totem pole). Worked my way through that series, which isn’t an automatic progression. Around 2006 I was promoted into a Forester position. Our Director allowed people with two year degrees one opportunity to sit for the Forester exam. It was his way of getting me promoted. I scored a 100 and was promoted. In 2012 I was promoted to a Supervisors position, which is where I am now. The expectation within our Department is I will move into the Regional Forester position when our current RF retires next year. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

42 minutes ago, Zackny said:

I started as a technician(lowest position on the totem pole). Worked my way through that series, which isn’t an automatic progression. Around 2006 I was promoted into a Forester position. Our Director allowed people with two year degrees one opportunity to sit for the Forester exam. It was his way of getting me promoted. I scored a 100 and was promoted. In 2012 I was promoted to a Supervisors position, which is where I am now. The expectation within our Department is I will move into the Regional Forester position when our current RF retires next year. 

So are you required to drive a Subaru?

5 hours ago, Zackny said:

Having lived in NYS, I'ma guessing that there's one Forester per tree. And each Forester has a supervisor.

So, how many trees does a regional Forester oversee? Two?

1 hour ago, 2Far said:

Having lived in NYS, I'ma guessing that there's one Forester per tree. And each Forester has a supervisor.

So, how many trees does a regional Forester oversee? Two?

I wish we had that kind of staff. I have four foresters for 300,000 acres.