So I am sitting in a roomful of hungry people with clean colons and/ or their SOs

Ralphie

I don't have a smartphone.  When I sit in waiting rooms, I amuse myself by watching all the other people on their phones.  Who will be the first to smile?  Who will find something so interesting that they have to show their phone to their partner?  It's not much, but it's better than touching those stinking magazines.  :)

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I had blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  They were ok, I should have thawed the blueberries first.

But yes, smartphones did in fact kill waiting room magazines to death.  Who wants to touch those disease-ridden magazines from 6 years ago anyway?

W3rd.

One of the  problems is that modern Man's immune system has it too easy.

Caveman Glug never washed, didn't know a thing about germs, and managed to produce your ancestors. There are sensible precautions to be used when crapping. And not letting the drain in your sink contaminate anything.

But magazines????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I used to backpack. A lot of sh*t happened, you just dealt with. Not a good place for a germ neurotic to be. Never bothered me. I suspect one of the simple realities is that if you exercise a lot you are flushing a lot of bad stuff out long before it could become a problem.

5 second rule!

• Awesome 1

I'm overdue.  No polyps a little over a decade ago so 10 years was the min. time Blue Cross would pay for the next one.

I have to set it up for a day my nurse sister can take the morning off work so she can drive me.  There's a restaurant with an excellent breakfast menu in the same strip shopping center where the colonoscopy clinic is that we'll visit right after. It's probably doing good business from all the post-colonoscopy people who can then end their fasting.

2 hours ago, late said:

One of the  problems is that modern Man's immune system has it too easy.

Caveman Glug never washed, didn't know a thing about germs, and managed to produce your ancestors. There are sensible precautions to be used when crapping. And not letting the drain in your sink contaminate anything.

But magazines????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I used to backpack. A lot of sh*t happened, you just dealt with. Not a good place for a germ neurotic to be. Never bothered me. I suspect one of the simple realities is that if you exercise a lot you are flushing a lot of bad stuff out long before it could become a problem.

5 second rule!

I know a few germophobes.  They always seem to be some kind of ill.

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

How did it go, Ralph?  Are you now done, and are you currently soiling your colon with fried pickles, haggis, and used kleenex?

Donkpow!  Where is that fucking @donkpow?!  :D

Instead of the promised propofol high afterward, I woke up hacking up both lungs. A couple of albuterol mists made breathing a good bit better, but the pleghm is snot giving up so easily.  Thank goodness I at least had both pneumonia vaccines so I might not have to give all my stuffs away if I croak from this (sorry, @Kirby}.  I just woke up from a nap where all the phleghm rolled to the downhill side of my lungs.  I fee much mo' better now with a little upright forum therapy and a good bit of hacking some of it up later.

They recommended we get the celebratory meal to go, but we ate at the diner.  A lox onion omelette with grits, decaf coffee, and rye toast. Plus I ate the mrs' soup - ordered lentil and it was marvelous.  So I stopped at half the huge omelette and bowl of grits.  Did you hear that @AirwickWithCheese?  Southern US/Jewish fusion cuisine, in honor of Hanukah. :)

Just now had a little jello, taking it easy.  So I wonder if I can maintain the 3 pound weight loss?  Like I always said before, I am full of shit, and I am constantly trying to rectify that situation. :D And I finally did, but alas it is fleetingly temporary, but I am hoping for a good eating kickstart.  I actually felt marvelous on Sunday when the I had only two small lumps of low fat cottage cheese for lunch and dinner after a nice breakfast of eggs bacon and hashbrowns, but I kept the portion way down.

So where is that fucking donkpow again?  I see RG roughed him up  a bit. :wacko:

• Heart 1

41 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

So where is that fucking donkpow again?  I see RG roughed him up  a bit. :wacko:

So what your saying is Conrad is back in the game?

33 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I didn't rough anybody up, I always get mad when people say really silly stuff for no reason.

(bitchy, bitchy, bitch little person)

11 hours ago, smudge said:

Oh wait! My bad. I forgot Ralph was actually NOT full of shit. Even though the wake up was rough, I hope you received a good report on the procedure.

Very good!  No polyps, so I am free for five years as opposed to the previous three! :hapydance:

The nurses were all very pleasant and efficient!  But I am still going to enjoy my time away!

• Heart 1