LAJ update

Parsnip Totin Jack

Wo7 told me this morning that LAJ went to the hospital last night. Diabeetus and kidneys are getting worse. Diabetes is now affecting his vision and he has cataracts. His legs have weeping sores; he may lose them. He is getting shots in his eyes today and they have stabilized his blood sugar levels. Janet-the-martyr (JtM) said that she can't do a deathwatch for her brother and her son (no news on Scott in a while). I assume Scott is still living on the streets looking for his next dose of heroin. Wo7 may be going out to help Robert-the-Jedi (RtJ) set up powers of attorney for his Dad. The last time LAJ was in the hospital, the social worker signed him up for Medicaid but LAJ didn't tell anyone or forgot. He needs a case manager but I don't think he will be around much longer. JtM said LAJ can't live with her, he's going to have to stay with RtJ. I better tell my wife he isn't moving here; not my circus, not my monkeys.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

As I was reading the last sentence I thought to myself "They are going to come and live with you again!"

Gonna nip that idea in the bud. Wo7 can go live there if she wants to be the caretaker; he ain't coming east.

20 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

My initial happiness to see a LAJ story was tempered by the sad content... but I guess you make your bed, you gotta lie in it.

But what of li'l Dumplin'?

Ol' Dumplin' is still with RtJ but I don't think she is capable of taking care of LAJ and working full time. They will probably have to get assistance through Medicaid for a visiting nurse.  

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

What happened to the gf of LAJ?

She lives in England. I don't believe that she is willing to wade into the mess on this side of the pond. An online relationship is probably best here. 

15 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I musta' missed that! What was her codename? :D

No nickname for her as I never met her. Ms. Wickersham I suppose would work. LAJ met her while he was on a fishing trip in Canada and she was on holiday. I understand they had a smashing time at the B&B by the lake. They keep in touch online, but nothing more.

12 minutes ago, jsharr said:

dumpling?

That's RtJ's gurlfren' She's 5'2" and about 220.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 3

I have an uncle who hung himself after being accused of a crime.
I have an uncle who was found stabbed to death in his kitchen.
I have a BIL in prison.
We all have some weird shit hanging from the branches of our family tree, but I think Old#7 has more ornaments and lights on his tree than any of us.

6 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I have a BIL in prison.
We all have some weird shit hanging from the branches of our family tree, but I think Old#7 has more ornaments and lights on his tree than any of us.

Not sure that the last sentence is true or not, I just tell the stories in a colorful way.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I have a BIL in prison.

I don't know about that, this and Jerry and Old#7 have some stuff going on!  

My family is kind of boring in comparison.  My aunt got divorced years before it became popular, that was something for a while I suppose.  Last year, I found out that a cousin (who looks a lot like a lesbian, but got married and had three kids) had her husband leave her to be gay with, get this, a dude.  The husband was a theatre/choreographer major who wanted to be a pastor, so we were all caught off guard on that one.   :whistle:  Ok, many in the family thought he seemed a bit fruity and weird, but we all just stopped thinking about it while the babies kept coming.  There is some level of alcoholism and drug addiction amongst the divorced aunt's family and another aunts family, one of the boys dated a stripper who got him fired from his job and nearly prosecuted for something he totally did when all drugged out and addicted, but he had cleaned up and was sober when she drunken whorishly turned him in.  He then started dating her again months later.

I am sure they are all wondering what the hell happened to me, also.

33 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

#7 has the breadth of family issues, but this one here might be the single most disturbing thing in the thread.  This is horrifying.

Yeah, I don't think there is vocabulary that would allow any of us to rationalize such a thing.  It beyond all the beyonds out there.  The only thing I can think of is that she is mentally compromised, like a blender got hold of the important parts of her brain and it is never healing.

3 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Wo7 told me this morning that LAJ went to the hospital last night. Diabeetus and kidneys are getting worse. Diabetes is now affecting his vision and he has cataracts. His legs have weeping sores; he may lose them. He is getting shots in his eyes today and they have stabilized his blood sugar levels. Janet-the-martyr (JtM) said that she can't do a deathwatch for her brother and her son (no news on Scott in a while). I assume Scott is still living on the streets looking for his next dose of heroin. Wo7 may be going out to help Robert-the-Jedi (RtJ) set up powers of attorney for his Dad. The last time LAJ was in the hospital, the social worker signed him up for Medicaid but LAJ didn't tell anyone or forgot. He needs a case manager but I don't think he will be around much longer. JtM said LAJ can't live with her, he's going to have to stay with RtJ. I better tell my wife he isn't moving here; not my circus, not my monkeys.

You sure don't need to share the headaches that are self-inflicted by others on themselves after what I'm sure are many attempts to get them straightened out.

At one point, I owned the house of my childhood and it was going to be vacant for several months until I renovated and sold my other house and then downsized into my first home.  A close cousin asked me if her irresponsible, drug-using, always-in-financial-trouble brother could live in the vacant house, and she would guarantee $600/month rent.  I declined even though it meant a few thousand in income over expenses that I otherwise wouldn't have.  The potential headaches were just not worth it.

1 hour ago, TrentonMakes said:

#7 has the breadth of family issues, but this one here might be the single most disturbing thing in the thread.  This is horrifying.

I offered to pay to have her tubes tied after the first child but she declined. The 3 kids are living with one of my messed up BILs who it their grandfather. He's doing an even worse job of raising them than he did with the mother. My oldest daughter offered to adopt one of the kids by they couldn't let that happen as it would break up the family. They'll all probably be together in jail some day.

• Sad 1