Got a Christmas Card

ChrisL

Just now, JerrySTL said:

You must have made a lasting impression on him.

As he did on me. When he retired several years after I started I took over for him but I grew dissolusioned with the firm and left.  We kept in touch through industry functions for a while but he stopped going to those and so we lost contact until yesterday.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

One of my late residents was an instructor at the Dunwoody Institute here in mpls years and years ago...a former student of his..from the 1960's reached out and took him out to lunch (I think)..anyway...this guy was awesome and I can only guess how much he influenced the guy who made the effort to look him up and thank him once  found out his old instructor was still kicking. 

It is good to give thanks.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I was good friends with the first boss long after she gave me my first (part-time) job related to my degree. I left the job about 1 yr. later for full-time, more stable job.  

She was a mentor to me...we visited each other several times annually then later only when I could fly to Toronto.  She came to visit to see facilities that I managed, etc.  ..that's how far she went and supported me.  A good friend for about 30 yrs. before she unexpectedly died 15 years after retirement.  

Enjoy that lunch together, Chris.