Great Opening lies.......

Kzoo

The opening lie:

"This is the Sicilian Dragon [Chess Opening]. Need I say more? So forget the likes of Star Wars, Terminator, Silence of the Lambs, etc. as Winning with the Sicilian Dragon 2 is the sequel you've really been waiting for!" - International Grandmaster Chris Ward, Preface, c.2001

My results playing it two matches it show he should have said more - like you've got to memorize reams of possible moves to keep up with your opponent!

Hopefully the following is the opening truth and I'm now studying and planning to play it as Black the next time my opponent opens with the King's Pawn (1 e4):

"This book is a study of the Sicilian Kan (1 e4 c5 2 Nf3 e6 3 d4 cxd4 4 Nxd4), an ideal opening for those playing Black who wish to learn the intricacies of the ever popular Sicilian Defence...A major selling point...is that...the onus is not on the player with the Black Pieces to memorize reams of opening theory simply to stay on the board." - International Grandmaster John Emms, Sicilian Kan (c.2002).

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

The opening lie:

"This is the Sicilian Dragon [Chess Opening]. Need I say more? So forget the likes of Star Wars, Terminator, Silence of the Lambs, etc. as Winning with the Sicilian Dragon 2 is the sequel you've really been waiting for!" - International Grandmaster Chris Ward, Preface, c.2001

My results playing it two matches it show he should have said more - like you've got to memorize reams of possible moves to keep up with your opponent!

Hopefully the following is the opening truth and I'm now studying and planning to play it as Black the next time my opponent opens with the King's Pawn (1 e4):

"This book is a study of the Sicilian Kan (1 e4 c5 2 Nf3 e6 3 d4 cxd4 4 Nxd4), an ideal opening for those playing Black who wish to learn the intricacies of the ever popular Sicilian Defence...A major selling point...is that...the onus is not on the player with the Black Pieces to memorize reams of opening theory simply to stay on the board." - International Grandmaster John Emms, Sicilian Kan (c.2002).

Mick... Mick... Mick.  You missed the heart of this parody.

Please try again.