I would like to live in a glass house

Ralphie

4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Oh - none in central Jersey?  It has been fluffing all day down here at Exit 2!

This is a pretty interesting event - it's snowing in a really localized area.  Much of the lighter blue shown is evaporating before it reaches the ground, I think.

image.png.bf0bdce09133e08f44efa7e49c982e6b.png

• Awesome 1

Just now, TrentonMakes said:

This is a pretty interesting event - it's snowing in a really localized area.  Much of the lighter blue shown is evaporating before it reaches the ground, I think.

image.png.bf0bdce09133e08f44efa7e49c982e6b.png

We've got aboot three inches on the picanic table, but none on the concrete patio.  It looks very melty.

• Heart 1

As I understand it, the glass houses/apartments are nice until they aren't.  If the power goes down, you have a greenhouse and cannot open a window.  Your disgusting cat might have to suffer through 150 degree heat until nightfall, and your goldfish might melt.  Also, if you like to walk around naked, people can see you.  Not that they will, but they might.  I wouldn't care so much about that myself, but some people might get uppity about it.  

You get nice views and all, but the noise doesn't abate if you are up high, either.  It just echos on the buildings all the way up to where you are.  Plus, how are you gonna decorate?  You simply cannot do farmhouse or victorian if you have a glass monstrosity.

1 hour ago, KrAzY said:

if you lived in a glass house then you can report all your neighbors and people passing my as peeping toms. Also everyone will be able to see you poop! 

I have a glass sunroom, I also have a toilet on my front porch. I could sit on that and if anyone came up to the house they would think I was pooping. I haven’t decided if I’m going to keep it there or get rid of it. I set it out there when I was putting new tile and toilet in the bathroom. How do you spell redneck? Anyone need a toilet?  It works fine, don’t know why we needed a new one. I might leave it there or put it in the flower bed and plant flowers in it.

• Heart 1