Ross is goofy-looking

Randomguy

I didn't want to start something I had to pay attention to and I was tired, so I started watching 'Friends' on Netflix.  There was all that "Friends is leaving Netflix" thing, too, that might have had something to do with it (I guess it isn't actually leaving Netflix).  Anyway, I had seen some episodes back in the day but was not a regular viewer when it was on.  

Observations:  Ross is goofy looking.  The show was pretty good for a standard sitcom.  The best characters are Joey, Chandler, and Phoebe, they were responsible for 90% of the humor.  Many of the things you saw on 'Seinfeld', you saw on 'Friends', like characters breaking things off with woman over tiny inconsequential reasons.  There are a LOT of episodes.  The theme song is annoying.  The whole monkey thing was stupid.

I am sure I will have more observations if I continue to watch, but there you go.

12 hours ago, Randomguy said:

The best characters are Joey, Chandler, and Phoebe,

I've watched a handful of episodes...seems re-runs are on all the time.

IMO the only truly funny one is Lisa Kudrow...Phoebe.  To me, she is really good and the rest are ok.

If you want to watch a good show on Netflix try, Narcos, Better Call Saul, House of Cards, Ozark, and Bodyguard.  Also, Fargo, on Amazon is exceptional.

• Heart 1

IMO the show hasn't aged particularly well, or maybe I haven't.  Like Seinfeld I have a lot less patience/sympathy than I used to for their stupid shallow antics.

However, the other day we chanced upon the one where everyone finally finds out Chandler and Monica are together.  That might have been the single best episode.

5 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

That might have been the single best episode.

I do remember one where Joey wheres all of Chandler's clothing at the same time, I remember laughing about that.

I think it has aged ok for a sitcom, but sitcoms rarely age as we'd like.  I still think the best ever was Seinfeld, though.

I want an apartment like Monica's.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I do remember one where Joey wheres all of Chandler's clothing at the same time, I remember laughing about that.

I think it has aged ok for a sitcom, but sitcoms rarely age as we'd like.  I still think the best ever was Seinfeld, though.

I want an apartment like Monica's.

Can I be your roommate? We can invite hot foxes over.

• Heart 1

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:55 PM, Randomguy said:

I didn't want to start something I had to pay attention to and I was tired, so I started watching 'Friends' on Netflix.  There was all that "Friends is leaving Netflix" thing, too, that might have had something to do with it (I guess it isn't actually leaving Netflix).  Anyway, I had seen some episodes back in the day but was not a regular viewer when it was on.  

Observations:  Ross is goofy looking.  The show was pretty good for a standard sitcom.  The best characters are Joey, Chandler, and Phoebe, they were responsible for 90% of the humor.  Many of the things you saw on 'Seinfeld', you saw on 'Friends', like characters breaking things off with woman over tiny inconsequential reasons.  There are a LOT of episodes.  The theme song is annoying.  The whole monkey thing was stupid.

I am sure I will have more observations if I continue to watch, but there you go.

I didn't watch Friends much....you know what annoyed me?  Here, they were in a big city (as part of the sitcom series) and no non-white friends.  After awhile I got tired of it and never came back to watch it.

Increasingly that's not social reality in big cities and among younger generations. That's why Big Bang Theory series was more fun and crazily diverse.

Even Will and Grace was better, because what's-his-name seemed to suggest gay affiliations. (though "gay" behaviour is quite stereotyped in that series.  But still, better series in my opinion.)

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Meh, I'm not a foot guy, and who knows if that's a real pic.

Image result for jennifer aniston feet so veiny

I am not either, but I do get grossed out by them if they are gross.  Hers are, I would have a hard time doing her because they are so disgusting.

When I first posted this topic, I was gonna get a bikini pic to post, but saw that first picture and shuddered.

• Whatever 1

40 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Image result for jennifer aniston feet so veiny

I am not either, but I do get grossed out by them if they are gross.  Hers are, I would have a hard time doing her because they are so disgusting.

When I first posted this topic, I was gonna get a bikini pic to post, but saw that first picture and shuddered.

One word... Socks

Another word... you are a dolt.  Oh wait...