1 day before the party.

maddmaxx

This is the last day before the big party for school staff.  Womaxx is in full on industrial baking mode.  There were 8 dozen cookies last night, 2 9x13 baking dishes of smoked gouda, bacon mac and cheese some snacky stuff and other things.  So far this morning I've got one load of dishes put away, another washing in the washer and a bed spread that a cat had the nerve to throw up on.  Another load of trash and one of recycle to the buckets outdoors.  My people did part of the leaves last night and they're back to finish now.  Once they are out of the way it's off to the post office with goodies to go into the mail.  There is vacuuming and other cleaning left to go.

Breakfast was a Jimmy Dean hash brown w sausage cooked in the microwave and served on a paper plate.  Lunch will be some purloined mac and cheese.  I'm sure that there will be at least one more emergency trip to the store for some important item.

Monday off to the dermatoligist for more liquid nitrogen for womaxx.

Tuesday off to the Toyota store for a recall software check on my CV transmission.

Wednesday off to my old job to for an alumni reunion that I really don't want to go to but it sometimes turns up a small bit of work.

That leaves 7 days to wait to go to the airport to pick up oldest son flying in from Malaysia........ugh, that means prepping a room for him to stay in.  He and youngest son do not get along all that well so constant warfare till sometime in January when I have to drive him back to New York to visit former family members and fly out.

Retirement is not for the weak.

I really don't care all that much for the Christmas season.

• Heart 1

34 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

This is the last day before the big party for school staff.  Womaxx is in full on industrial baking mode.  There were 8 dozen cookies last night, 2 9x13 baking dishes of smoked gouda, bacon mac and cheese some snacky stuff and other things.  So far this morning I've got one load of dishes put away, another washing in the washer and a bed spread that a cat had the nerve to throw up on.  Another load of trash and one of recycle to the buckets outdoors.  My people did part of the leaves last night and they're back to finish now.  Once they are out of the way it's off to the post office with goodies to go into the mail.  There is vacuuming and other cleaning left to go.

Breakfast was a Jimmy Dean hash brown w sausage cooked in the microwave and served on a paper plate.  Lunch will be some purloined mac and cheese.  I'm sure that there will be at least one more emergency trip to the store for some important item.

Monday off to the dermatoligist for more liquid nitrogen for womaxx.

Tuesday off to the Toyota store for a recall software check on my CV transmission.

Wednesday off to my old job to for an alumni reunion that I really don't want to go to but it sometimes turns up a small bit of work.

That leaves 7 days to wait to go to the airport to pick up oldest son flying in from Malaysia........ugh, that means prepping a room for him to stay in.  He and youngest son do not get along all that well so constant warfare till sometime in January when I have to drive him back to New York to visit former family members and fly out.

Retirement is not for the weak.

I really don't care all that much for the Christmas season.

Now don’t be a grinch, tiz the season.:slow-dance-smiley:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

And the day of the party has arrived.  The kitchen is full of the merry sounds of cooking and dish washing.  Soon vacuum cleaners will be roaring and closet doors will be slamming as all those things one has out in a lived in house are hidden away in honor of Better Homes and Gardens.

I hope your sons are helping out. 

• Haha 1