Cute.

Dirtyhip

22 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

You're correct she is cute :) I do like the brick wall in the kitchen. Let me guess, that tiny place is  probably $2k/mo.

No idea.  Not my town.

I am just really interested in tiny dwellings and how people set them up and what furnishings they use.

• Heart 1

48 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

You're correct she is cute :) I do like the brick wall in the kitchen. Let me guess, that tiny place is  probably $2k/mo.

Because you said that, I went to the video to try and get a sense of where in Brooklyn they live.  I couldn't quite figure it out, but I did find this quote:  

Published on Dec 5, 2018

Andrea her husband, Brian, live very cleanly and simply in a third floor apartment in Brooklyn. They recently added a new little one to their family and have magically made 380 square feet work. Though, they admit, "Once he's mobile, we're going to have to rethink!"

The best kept secret is their rooftop patio and garden. Having this space on the roof to escape to makes their home feel a bit bigger. They grow all kinds of fruits and vegetables and have dinner parties with friends. They also have an amazing view of the city.

Knowing that they have a rooftop patio and garden with views, you pretty much know it is more than $3K a month at least if you were to rent it.  I think they own it, though, based on what they did to the place and the fact that they aren't worried about being kicked out of the place for her frickinin' woodwork!  I can tell you that her neighbors hate her for sure.  With the rooftop and patio garden and views, a not super-small by NYC/Brooklyn standards place like that can go for more than $1,000,000 in a good neighborhood.  In the neighborhood where I am, that is a $700,000 to $730,000 apartment.  In my last neighborhood, $800,000 to $850,000.  It is a nice space, lots of light, exposed brick, good things all, but very stupidly expensive, pretty much at the top of what you can get for something like that in a hot market.

My buddy is selling his one bedroom in Manhattan now, listed it for $855K  It is bigger, about 700 sq. ft., one bedroom, no brick, not much light, nothing updated except the bathroom, but somebody is going to want to change that, too.  The whole kitchen should be replaced.  Oh, and if you were to buy it, just the co-op fees are $1,996/mo, then you would have whatever mortgage you were paying, plus utilities and such.  The co-op fees maintain the building, elevators, doormen and the like.  They got a photographer to take photos to make the place look HUGE, way bigger and nicer than it actually is, and the real estate company added 100 ft of non-existent sq. footage to the listing.

• Awesome 1

15 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Because you said that, I went to the video to try and get a sense of where in Brooklyn they live.  I couldn't quite figure it out, but I did find this quote:  

Knowing that they have a rooftop patio and garden with views, you pretty much know it is more than $3K a month at least if you were to re

no thanks :) If I amortize my mortgage, insurance, taxes & association fees into a monthly payment its $700 for my 2bed/1bath 1000 sqft condo in the burbs.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

That sounds much more reasonable!  

Exactly. Detroit has areas where new condos and townhouses and such are being built. No way will I move there, but was curious about the prices. And they're quite costly. Albeit they are w/in walking distance of the three venues for wings/pistons/lions/tigers oh my.

Location has benefits. I live at the base of a mountain range. The trailhead is one block away. We have three ski resorts in the county. More wildlife than you can imagine. Currently there are about 1000 elk on the edge of town. That will swell to about 8-9k in the next month or so. And views like this.

AZIV2SEjHiSBYMXe45_lR2ShrvypTQzEsye-8HDYuwZi9pDh_uLGbBDQPKgqGbqcoOe2v9-RsUxRuShD7H8S7VhPmZFMCSdWWOSAvSWOrVRtPw13W6T37x8D86JfahdEFmQT1K2_BK-F3dhDOlW8pgTenNGT-2U9cliL-LQ7eOl08O-uZSk-sa-5kJxvRAeb0b93uRDbmh8qd6NNSUeM-PH2XxC-v4QFGLv9-EGj9OrqCkYSQZ6zbUinbgxnh7tKhcG5PA94meTOulJhuUcnJuKEbvw1xYSEmZX5Z0W3NVUTtKOKk0DiaFPJxEjO39CR0xrKtKW-yxLXAKPPo6xctg-ufChjRYge5PDfo8QSTrPhuxegYbSbJPbr-lNXs4nrptSlRhX0E-WdphcY-F65AXDR3laRBFuR8pk4uQ12SPHwqgwTQMFRNGQPHtp1eLhOaG0yV77dY3O4SmZWIjIQ01ATkxefWXy_gQEsWKvMk9niv4TIPXdbrJPvV7Qb_ttk_8vonlOCdFyE3WhvyczCl8WKz4uJLYu0kq8WH-bWap-BFGThwQcGZK_A-ECQL959pfdFNJeJnoFmyU5i91L2nw8_hYy_wv3NEMyU0jHyh_SfTxxZyt21IHlTR6PVmsWt0VKIvZXcborN4qqI8eKj4Qn3=w1131-h636-no

DynjonkhmQ3Z3S7J8ml2tzu8Gkoo7gJRUd_V01lIyfseS85HOyTBHFJCP6dO81jWxeXEZss8Ymw59w30eWxXxna3NjD7FRhVi6c8QIYymuK3pZ94YKucUNC4hbB-j_vzTZv0RiirYnCJEWUx8gz39d3GqXj9PgrlO17bzNA8Pfycq49uc8dDOiGLGEErrH3zuP7GdMdSW0PEPEJHU0JTW1hvo7f08-t_zZVaMm20exiIvvjaywNeEzQMJRWnDTZ623iZPwhbNbNuPgoOhLO_n4P_3VHiJh8wq1UPaS8TKbFmi1b6mvK2RrPeM_c935QnQ3U_rwji_0FMA9HtyUHsqKaTqF_PdiWwkQoTQotMDpK8JvLPkGN6iruKsl_nV_lh_zAWUTs7qmwdHKmH2M39g4qMSSAXwGHuXvW0r8A4hxKy9U7eQjX6NUawtr8xf-AWvpdZFL08AUUVf8CFAX3fFRkjZt7gRHs3fBIRGlCEVnXfml5I-aCFPVrqv5ERIt8sJu54eKqqsqTcYXKkND_U5czGjGNcfVvD6cHM43ITJgF1QNvOB2u44V-aKniwlPAQtBs3U_fBUJJyWT3XWKXZWv6883mzuJYFG3AZF4lhlPQBtqtPCuPWsoVKfWZS12WcshY0YkMpQZQMVkTy6VW3Bbvi=w1131-h636-no

• Heart 2
  • Envious 1

46 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I gotta have some room. We’ve got 1600 sq ft. It’s small by the standards here. It’s perfect for us. But the full finished basement is what makes it happen. I need a place for bikes, workout gear, etc. 

You are a family of four.  You need at least 3 bedrooms.  Totally different reality, and it's a good reality.  It's just far different than a family of two.  The smallest home I could deal with for a family of four would be about 1100 sq. ft.

39 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

no thanks :) If I amortize my mortgage, insurance, taxes & association fees into a monthly payment its $700 for my 2bed/1bath 1000 sqft condo in the burbs.

If I amortize mine, $168 per month for taxes and home insurance.  1100 sq. ft. in city center, 2 bedroom, giant garage, 1/4 acre lot.

• Envious 1

6 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

You are a family of four.  You need at least 3 bedrooms.  Totally different reality, and it's a good reality.  It's just far different than a family of two.  The smallest home I could deal with for a family of four would be about 1100 sq. ft.

If I amortize mine, $168 per month for taxes and home insurance.  1100 sq. ft. in city center, 2 bedroom, giant garage, 1/4 acre lot.

Nice. It be aboot $155/mo for those two items for me. My taxes were high in '05, they're around $900 less per year now.

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

Nice. It be aboot $155/mo for those two items for me. My taxes were high in '05, they're around $900 less per year now.

Our property taxes are high out here.  We do not have sales tax.  Our state income tax is high as well.  This state has a very high effective tax rate.  

• Heart 1