A cool 9F at 10:00am MST

sheep_herder

It's been pretty chilly for us.  Rain the past 2 days and highs in the high 50's.  Actually using a blanket at night brrrrr! 

We had rain 2 weeks in a row which is nothing to most of you but when we get 10" of rain a year, rain in consecutive weeks accounting to 2" or so is pretty rare for us.  Bad for the burn areas but good for everyone else.

33 minutes ago, Digital_photog said:

Photo back in October. @sheep_herder think they have heavy enough coats for the winter?

DSCN3271.jpg.88e94c0c97035607efdf72af5283ebb8.jpg

I would think so.  We shear in the autumn and have a barn available to the animals, but we do not shut them into the barn, even on nights like this. We have enough animals that ventilation is very important so the area does not get to humid. Very few 'animals' are confined to barns in our part of the country.

45 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I would think so.  We shear in the autumn and have a barn available to the animals, but we do not shut them into the barn, even on nights like this. We have enough animals that ventilation is very important so the area does not get to humid. Very few 'animals' are confined to barns in our part of the country. 

there is ventilation.  Coyotes come right up to our buildings at night we we don't take chances.

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

there is ventilation.  Coyotes come right up to our buildings at night we we don't take chances.

I see, we have not had them that close since we lived in Oregon. I assumed you had plenty of ventilation with so few sheep and a large barn.  I was referring to our situation with more sheep and a much smaller barn.