Slaying the Badger movie

bikeman564™

45 minutes ago, dennis said:

Read the book and watched the movie. Both are excellent. The opening scene with LeMond pooping on Hinault is hilarious. Everyone thought Hinault shit on LeMond that year in the tour. Little do they know Greg got there first.

I read Comeback as well. It is very well done. 

cqpq-square-400.jpg

I gotta check that book out.  I was a huge GL homeboy in the early 80s and got to meet him 2X before he won the tour.  Such a cool dude to a teenage fanboy.  

Was the movie  documentary style or did they use actors?

22 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I gotta check that book out.  I was a huge GL homeboy in the early 80s and got to meet him 2X before he won the tour.  Such a cool dude to a teenage fanboy.  

Documentary, actual footage and interviews. Very cool you go to meat him. So far I only met Frankie Andreau

8 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Documentary, actual footage and interviews. Very cool you go to meat him. So far I only met Frankie Andreau

I met him at a LBS event but the really cool meeting was when me and a my cousins were scoping out the 1984 Olympic Road Race course a couple of days prior to the event.  We are in my cousins car and we see some dude in the rainbow jersey and our initial thought was what a poseur... Then we pass him and realize it's GL so slam on the brakes and let him catch up.

He rode alongside our car a couple of miles chatting us up. I have pictures somewhere... I also got a cool shot of Miguel Indurain but I didn't know who he was then.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

initial thought was what a poseur... Then we pass him and realize it's GL so slam on the brakes and let him catch up.

He rode alongside our car a couple of miles chatting us up. I have pictures somewhere... I also got a cool shot of Miguel Indurain but I didn't know who he was then.

:D  awesome

I found the movie fascinating.  I gave it to may parents to watch even though they weren't cycling fans, because I thought the story went beyond the cycling context, but not sure if they every watched it.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

I've met him a couple of times too. He used to shop at a store where I worked. Very nice guy. 

The movie is excellent. Both books are great. Comeback details his hunting accident. His team dropped him after he got shot. His new team wasn't paying him. After he won the 2nd tour, his wife didn't even have cab fare back to the hotel.

• Heart 2