Do you think Germany ever regrets...

Road Runner

I was drinking in a beer cellar, run my Augustinian monks. It was in Austria, but close to Germany. I was drinking with an elderly gentleman who had been a bomber in WW2. It was a miracle he survived. He thanked me, and America, for beating the crap out of them.

Kinda depends on who you ask.

9 hours ago, Road Runner said:

...bombing Pearl Harbor?  

Remember when Jay Leno would ask people on a street corner questions like who we fought in the War of 1812?

I think it really is getting to the point where he'd get the same high percentage of wrong answers about Pearl Harbor now.

When I was teaching in 2005, kids would be amazed when I told them I could remember when the last Civil War veteran died and questioned if it could be mathematically possible for someone born in 1950 to overlap with someone who was a teenager or 12 year-old drummer boy in 1865 (85 years earlier!).

One study found that 10% of America's younger college graduates think Judge Judy is a member of the Supreme Court!

• Confused 1

Just now, MickinMD said:

Remember when Jay Leno would ask people on a street corner questions like who we fought in the War of 1812?

I think it really is getting to the point where he'd get the same high percentage of wrong answers about Pearl Harbor now.

When I was teaching in 2005, kids would be amazed when I told them I could remember when the last Civil War veteran died and questioned if it could be mathematically possible for someone born in 1950 to overlap with someone who was a teenager or 12 year-old drummer boy in 1865 (85 years earlier!).

One study found that 10% of America's younger college graduates think Judge Judy is a member of the Supreme Court!

Judge Judy is not on the Supreme Court?  At least they still have Wapner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1