Lunching Friday Edition

jsharr

Believe it or not, this silliness helps keep me clean.  Had to run to the bank to send a wire a bit ago and thought about fast food.  Then the boss came in to tell me he was going to order lunch for the office from Liberty Burger.  I passed on both and made my lunch at the office.  

• Heart 2

I had a fun lunch, this is what I did:

http://gothamist.com/2018/12/03/photos_mrs_maisels_carnegie_deli_soho.php#photo-1

New York City's iconic Carnegie Deli resurfaced in SoHo this weekend (a few miles from its original location), and hundreds of people lined up around the block for impressively stacked, 99¢ pastrami sandwiches and 50¢ black and white cookies. Fat knishes, dense slabs of cheesecake, and massive turkey sandwiches—all at equally ridiculous low prices—rounded out the menu. The decor and details were also pulled straight from 1958.

It’s a promotional stunt, of course, to hype season two of the Emmy award-winning, extremely '50s NYC show The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, which begins streaming this Wednesday on Amazon Prime. Timed, 30-minute reservations for a table are completely booked for the restaurant's entire week-long run, but the gentleman at the front counter will gladly sell you takeout for the same prices.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

This is disturbing to hear, especially on a Friday.  Good work and all, but damn!

I did not want to feel yucky after eating crap.  When I eat stuff like chips now, it does not take very many of them for me to say I am done.

• Heart 1

12 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I had a fun lunch, this is what I did:

I figured "I am unemployed, so what if I have to stand in line?"  The line didn't look too long, but by the time you realized it actually was a long line and you were going to be in it a while longer, you are kind of invested.  I shared a table with a cool chick, we split a knish, cheesecake, and a black and white cookie, and each had the pastrami sandwich.  We both also had a celery soda, which sounds weird as heck, but was actually quite good.  TV show actually picked up the check for everybody, cheap as it was (sandwiches were $1.00, everything else was .50 each)

D06A56FE-37D5-4603-8A70-D0F3B5AF8F99.jpeg

• Heart 2

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I figured "I am unemployed, so what if I have to stand in line?"  The line didn't look too long, but by the time you realized it actually was a long line and you were going to be in it a while longer, you are kind of invested.  I shared a table with a cool chick, we split a knish, cheesecake, and a black and white cookie, and each had the pastrami sandwich.  We both also had a celery soda, which sounds weird as heck, but was actually quite good.  TV show actually picked up the check for everybody, cheap as it was (sandwiches were $1.00, everything else was .50 each)

D06A56FE-37D5-4603-8A70-D0F3B5AF8F99.jpeg

Did you let her take you back to her place and have her way with you?

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I didn't even ask, I was too stuffed.  She is a lawyer, and just got a job as a prosecutor in St. Thomas.  She goes as soon as she gets her security clearances, otherwise I would have asked her if she would want to go out.  She was cuter in person, too, and her hands weren't overly veiny (I looked).

• Heart 1

18 minutes ago, jsharr said:

15 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I didn't even ask, I was too stuffed.  She is a lawyer, and just got a job as a prosecutor in St. Thomas.  She goes as soon as she gets her security clearances, otherwise I would have asked her if she would want to go out.  She was cuter in person, too, and her hands weren't overly veiny (I looked).

26 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

This is disturbing to hear, especially on a Friday.  Good work and all, but damn!

I agree completely

• Heart 1