Lighter versions of Asian noodles

shootingstar

For sure, some Chinese restaurant foods get a bad rap for being unhealthy ...and then people, think that home cooking is like that. 

It's not..and I'm living proof that it isn't. (am still 100 lbs. but that's due cycling and being car-free).   Just make sure you choose lighter dried or freshly made (and local if possible) noodles.  Like this,ok?  I'm careful the type of Asian noodles I eat since I haven't eaten white rice for the past 8 yrs.  (ok some white rice maybe 1-2 times per month....usually at a restaurant or in sushi.)

http://www.hungsnoodle.com/products/subpage-1/

It is a local brand.....

Steamed Noodles 1

29 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yeah, but shorter. :) 

?  

1 hour ago, Further said:

I like Asian noodles but don't know much about them.

The problem is some people get unnecessarily freaked out ….if something doesn't look yellow or white for pasta. (It's like we want the shiny apple with no blemishes.)   I would buy these noodles because it doesn't use food colouring as much as others.  Of course this is not egg noodle, it's more just wheat flour...you can still see the flour still dusting on the noodle in 2nd one.  

I'm trying teach some lessons here...in healthy genuine Asian ingredients.  Low/no fat, less carb...  I like the website  because it's written in a friendly manner that's Canadian, in English also and with a real immigrant story.  The thing a lot of the non-English speaking immigrants don't tell the story of their business to English speaking audience.  ...then they miss a large chunk of their potential local market. 

ramen

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, late said:

I like Soba, and those cheap noodles you can get at any Asian market that are fat, and pre-cooked.

Soba should be 10% buckwheat. I don't know what possesses people to make 100% buckwheat noodles.

Udon is one of my faves too. It doesn't spike my glucose either.