More funnies on the home sale deal

Dirtyhip

So, we are all set to close on Monday.  The buyer wants to close as soon as possible and the close dats has already moved up a week, cause I am a bad ass at getting things accomplished on our end. The buyers are hot to trot to get painting and ripping up the carpet.  They want to be in by Christmas and get things set up. 

Well, they just sent a request to our realtor.  They asked if they could gain access to the home this weekend to begin painting.  You can guess what our answer was.

What a crazy request.  Kinda like our last tenant's crazy requests, they asked if they could have part of their security deposit back, before we did a final walk through with them moving out.  

?

When we sold our house to some close friends from our church they wanted to get in as quick as possible.  We did allow them to start remodeling before closing but they had given us $25,000 down with a signed agreement worked out by the lawyer that it was non refundable if something happened.  They were paying cash so closing went fast and smooth.

I sold a duplex rental property one time and left them start on the house before we closed. They ripped out all the carpeting in both apartments and then decided to buy a New condo in Boardman instead. The carpet needed replaced so they didn’t hurt anything. I had new carpet installed everywhere before I listed it again.

23 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Well, you could grant them permission provided the paint it in a color YOU want.  I mean, if the deal falls through, you at least get a free paint job.  :)

Liability issue.  He falls and breaks his leg.  I am liable for his injury.

Another issue, he goes out there and decides he doesn't like it as much.  He gets buyers remorse, before he signs.  Backs out.

Another issue, he spills paint all over the carpet.  The deal falls through and I am left with a big mess.

Buyer has very little money in the deal.  Not enough to make us feel warm and fuzzy.