Parodies....

Green Grass

...suck.

I’m part of the very small crowd that isn’t here all the time. I find myself hesitant to chime in on some posts, just cuz they may be a joke.  I’d hate to be embarrassed.  And I’m a very serious minded gentleman...as you most certainly know.    

Please be more considerate and shitcan the parodies.  

Did I say that in a gentlemanly way?  

• Heart 1
  • Whatever 1
  • Awesome 3

Did couch send you?  Many times parr8ies just have to be done, so we have no choice, really. 

But to siriusly address your concern, maybe SW can provide us a parr8ey tag, since I agree it is often hard to tell the difference. My other suggestion was to include a link to the parr8ied thread, but that requires a bit of work so is not likely to catch on.  In that case, it could be a separate thread category like a poll, so you would get in the habit of copying the link before starting the parr8ey thread, so you could paste it right in.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Did couch send you?  Many times parr8ies just have to be done, so we have no choice, really. 

But to siriusly address your concern, maybe SW can provide us a parr8ey tag, since I agree it is often hard to tell the difference. My other suggestion was to include a link to the parr8ied thread, but that requires a bit of work so is not likely to catch on.  In that case, it could be a separate thread category like a poll, so you would get in the habit of copying the link before starting the parr8ey thread, so you could paste it right in.

Parities are supposed to be a surprise.  They should be given high scores for sucking people in.

But I agree.  People who do parodies are the worst...........the absolutely worst people.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Parities are supposed to be a surprise.  They should be given high scores for sucking people in.

But I agree.  People who do parodies are the worst...........the absolutely worst people.

It is sort of fun when there are multiples threads with the same name and you have to remember which is which.

17 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I'm pretty sure Goat is just fucking with us.  :)

Maybe, maybe not.  I'm almost never on during the day.  When I come in at night, it really is hard to know what to reply to as it's likely a parody of something.  You do feel a little foolish replying to a parody.  That said, I can't help posting them either.

12 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

it really is hard to know what to reply to as it's likely a parody of something.  You do feel a little foolish replying to a parody.

I think you are taking this stuff a little too seriously.  :)

Foolishness is what makes this place fun.  Mostly.  

13 hours ago, Goat Geddah said:

...suck.

I’m part of the very small crowd that isn’t here all the time. I find myself hesitant to chime in on some posts, just cuz they may be a joke.  I’d hate to be embarrassed.  And I’m a very serious minded gentleman...as you most certainly know.    

Please be more considerate and shitcan the parodies.  

Did I say that in a gentlemanly way?  

Yes, you are a true gentleman. You always have been. 

Parodies suck, especially when they are used to mock someone's health.  It's a real shitty thing to do. 

I still lurk here because I literally love a majority of the people here. But, I am not active because of the parody threads. 

Couch 

• Heart 2

39 minutes ago, Couch_Incident said:

Parodies suck, especially when they are used to mock someone's health.  It's a real shitty thing to do. 

I agree that no parodies or any other thread, for that matter, should ever be used to mock something as serious as someone's health.  But it's not just parodies.  I recently objected to people making fun and joking about hurricanes and other disasters.  Many people are killed and injured.  Many are left homeless and lives are destroyed.  Not funny under any circumstances IMO.

I think we all recognize that some things should be off-limits when it comes to satirizing and mocking.  Knowing where to draw the line may be the issue.

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

Message received.

You know what?  I was just messing around.  While it is true that it is sometimes difficult to discern what is and is not a parody, I'm certainly not trying to dictate how other forumites have their fun.  So, parody away.

And couch @Couch_Incident, do touch base now and then.  You are my forum bff, you know.

I don’t think there is much that can’t be made fun of here. If you look for the absurd, you will find humor.  I don’t remember anyone here mocking someone with a health condition about the condition.  

If people are overly serious about something, it takes the fun away.  The people here are generally kind and nice, but if you look for offense first, you will find it first. Look for the positive and fun and you are more likely to find that first. 

• Heart 1

We can argue/discuss this till the cows come home.  But whether you like it or not, parodies are a significant fun part of the forum and the thought police are not going to make them go away.  

I'm not crazy about certain other types of threads that people post here, but I don't bitch about them.  I just don't read them.

• Heart 1