Friendly reminder - Advent calendar drawing

Dirtyhip

34 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Yes, seriously.  To make it worse, your explanation doesn't help.  Where do I put this on a road bike?

I think my explanation was very clear.  

I guess you could gravity ride with a road bike.  Have someone drive you to the top of Mt. Washington and ride down the road.

• Haha 1

Having been a roadie for 30+ years I thought all mountain bikes where basically the same.   When I got into it I got a hard tail (front suspension only).  It was a good but budget bike that was great for learning. 

As my stoke grew and I had a better understanding of how & where I wanted to ride I did a ton of research. The more I read up the more I realized the different riding styles equated to different types of bikes with different wheel sizes, tire types, drivetrain types, suspension types & set up... It can get overwhelming but I loved learning all about it.

The one thing that really differentiates Road from mountain is "the stoke".  I'll do a 40 mile road  ride and pack up and go. I'll do a 1.5 hour mountain bike ride and finish with fist bumps, high 5's and a big smile.