Figure skates are for girls

Randomguy

I learned to skate on hockey skates, like a normal New England boy. Years later in Colorado we went skating and I had to rent skates, all they had were figure skates ?????WTF???? So I'm zipping around the lake, starting to get comfortable with the figure skates, when I caught the pointy toe in the ice and went down harder than I've ever hit the ice or ground, before or since.

I discovered what it means to have the shit knocked of you. Literally. 

• Heart 2

14 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Kelly is a girl’s name, Lee is a boy’s name, and Toby is a shit name. 

Whatever.  My name is girl's name in English.  It is a boy's name for it's English spelling, ..in French.  It is the French version for English name, "John".   Therefore pronounced differently in French.

Or sound of my name is a homonym for both female and male.  Jean=Gene.   I spend half my life spelling out my name whenever I register for something in person or over the phone.

Anyway, I doubt women with my name have problems....because so far, it's not yet hit the trend charts in the English language world,  post early 1960's.  I haven't met many women who share same name as mine. And those who do are older or from my same generation....but still rare.

So it would have to be a sexy younger actress/athlete ...to make my name popular on the hit charts for baby naming.

7 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Whatever.  My name is girl's name in English.  It is a boy's name for it's English spelling, ..in French.  It is the French version for English name, "John".   Therefore pronounced differently in French.

Or sound of my name is a homonym for both female and male.  Jean=Gene.   I spend half my life spelling out my name whenever I register for something in person or over the phone.

Anyway, I doubt women with my name have problems....because so far, it's not yet hit the trend charts in the English language world,  post early 1960's.  I haven't met many women who share same name as mine. And those who do are older or from my same generation....but still rare.

So it would have to be a sexy younger actress/athlete ...to make my name popular on the hit charts for baby naming.

Jean is a girl’s name.  I am very happy your name is not Toby. 

Elvis Stojko is a 2 time Olympic silver medallist figure skater for CAnada. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Stojko

He married a Mexican figure skater.  His style of dance did tend to be more "masculine", less ballet like.  He actually competed in martial arts prior before figure skating overtook his life. 

I actually think that ballet for any guy or woman, is a highly athletic sport and demanding on the body.  Ballet/dance is helpful for ompetitive figure skating as well as lifting weights...

3 hours ago, Further said:

I learned to skate on hockey skates, like a normal New England boy. Years later in Colorado we went skating and I had to rent skates, all they had were figure skates ?????WTF???? So I'm zipping around the lake, starting to get comfortable with the figure skates, when I caught the pointy toe in the ice and went down harder than I've ever hit the ice or ground, before or since.

I discovered what it means to have the shit knocked of you. Literally.