NFL Sunday

Road Runner

59 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Chores, check.  Dinner cooked, check.  

Lets go Rams!!!!!

I'm ok with this.  A win doesn't make things any worse for my team but a Bears loss could make things more interesting for us.  Seattle can only go as a wildcard.  Then again, if the Vikings get us tomorrow, it doesn't matter what happens tonight.

36 minutes ago, Ltdskilz said:

My Texans defense had an official Bye Week yesterday. Made Oliver's boy look like an All-Pro or something. 399 yards passing. Sheesh.

Everybody was talking up the Texans in the media -- and I mean everybody -- and then they flopped.  It's been par for the course though.  Everybody has been falling.  The fact that there are so many teams still in the playoff hunt at 7-6 or less tells you just how competitive it is. Houston will go to the post season.  I think.  But look out for Indy.

• Heart 1

I like this quote by Phillip Rivers.  It's spot on.

“This is a close-game league,” Rivers said.

He mentioned several of the close games that were played around the league on the same day.

“When you don’t win close games — and you’re not going to win all of them — but when you lose them often, you go 5-11 and 4-12,” Rivers said. “When you win a bunch of close games, you find yourself where we are now, which is in the thick of it.”

My luckiest fantasy game!

After Sunday's 4 pm games, my Ravenskins were tied 93-93 but all 9 of my players had finished and my opponent still had Jared Goff, the high-scoring Rams Quarterback, playing Sunday Night.
CBS projected he would score 20.81 fantasy points.  I was resigned to this being my Ravenskins' worst record - they had never won less than 6 games in a 14 game season in their past 12 years.
They started 3-7 due to lots of injuries then had won 2 and tied 1 of their last 3 games. But it looked like 5-8-1 was a certainty.

Then Goff choked! I was losing 94-93 when, with 2 min. left in the game against the Bears, Goff threw his 4th interception (-2 fantasy points/interception)!
6-7-1 is tolerable - my other three teams all won and are in their leagues' semi-finals this coming weekend.

1614000955_Ravenskinsluckiestwin.thumb.JPG.7d2861daac7db6ea6b4dec37b2590c3c.JPG

Eagles deserved to lose, and with this lineup there's no way they make the playoffs anyway, but you gotta wonder about referees and Dallas.  Last two weeks they were benefactors of a calls in each game that affected the outcome.  This week, that opening kickoff fumble may be the worst review call in the history of the game.   If the Eagles put any points on the board from the correct call, it completely changes the game.  Then to call back Goedert's TD for an offensive intereference that was actually a Dallas defender putting his helmet into Goedert's chin was ridiculous.  And on the same play, further down the field, another defender laid a helmet hit that knocked Goedert's helmet clean off - no call.

This isn't trying to blame the refs, Eagles are toast this year, but the league has to clean up this kind of crap.

3 hours ago, 12string said:

Eagles deserved to lose, and with this lineup there's no way they make the playoffs anyway, but you gotta wonder about referees and Dallas.  Last two weeks they were benefactors of a calls in each game that affected the outcome.  This week, that opening kickoff fumble may be the worst review call in the history of the game.   If the Eagles put any points on the board from the correct call, it completely changes the game.  Then to call back Goedert's TD for an offensive intereference that was actually a Dallas defender putting his helmet into Goedert's chin was ridiculous.  And on the same play, further down the field, another defender laid a helmet hit that knocked Goedert's helmet clean off - no call.

This isn't trying to blame the refs, Eagles are toast this year, but the league has to clean up this kind of crap.

I love Bobby Wagner and it certainly was his fault that he blocked a Minnesota field goal.  But he did use the line for jumping over the line to do it. They flagged it and then picked it up.  Why?  As far as I could tell, it was a clear penalty that worked in our favor.   But then the called a penalty on us and it was the Viking player that threw a punch.  Referees miss stuff.  It happens.  But all in all they do a pretty good job.  I missed that opening kick off in your game but I heard about it.  I also saw a blocked kick that probably shouldn't have been in Seattle.  

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:

I love Bobby Wagner and it certainly was his fault that he blocked a Minnesota field goal.  But he did use the line for jumping over the line to do it. They flagged it and then picked it up.  Why?  As far as I could tell, it was a clear penalty that worked in our favor.   But then the called a penalty on us and it was the Viking player that threw a punch.  Referees miss stuff.  It happens.  But all in all they do a pretty good job.  I missed that opening kick off in your game but I heard about it.  I also saw a blocked kick that probably shouldn't have been in Seattle.  

I don't so much mind some of the stuff that gets missed.  But for things like that fumble, when the booth gets to look at every angle for 5 minutes, and by every angle and all laws of physics, the only possible outcome was Eagles' ball and they STILL get it wrong, it'e inexcuseable.

2 minutes ago, 12string said:

I don't so much mind some of the stuff that gets missed.  But for things like that fumble, when the booth gets to look at every angle for 5 minutes, and by every angle and all laws of physics, the only possible outcome was Eagles' ball and they STILL get it wrong, it'e inexcuseable.

Yeah, that's maddening.  Did they ever give you an explanation?

They said, yes, it was a fumble, but they couldn't establish clear possession.  so they gave the ball to Dallas.

But here's where that falls apart.  The ruling on the field was that there was no fumble, so obviously, the play ended with the guy who caught the ball in possession.  Once the replay booth decided there WAS a fumble, it means the guy who caught the ball DIDN'T have possession.  So the rule about "irrefuteable evidence to overturn" doesn't come into play, as there was no possession defined to overturn.  So the decision to be made is that at some point the ball was in no one's possession (a fumble), who achieved possession?  Replay showed the ball falling under an Eagle, 3 more Eagles fell on him, no Cowboys in the pile at all, the Eagle stood up with the ball.  The ONLY possible choice was Eagle's ball.  Because a new decision had to be made, there was no such thing as being unable to establish clear possession.  That could only mean no one had the ball and the game could not continue.

It sounds like a mess.  All I can say is what I'd say to my team.  They shouldn't have put themselves into such a position that a single ref catastrophe would dictate the final outcome.  That may be harsh because of the parity in the NFL these days, but I think you know what I mean.  Every time a bad call goes against us, I remind myself of the 10 penalties we got at stupid times or the missed tackles or the incompletions or our own turnovers.  Typically that stuff evens out over the duration of the season. 

16 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It sounds like a mess.  All I can say is what I'd say to my team.  They shouldn't have put themselves into such a position that a single ref catastrophe would dictate the final outcome.  That may be harsh because of the parity in the NFL these days, but I think you know what I mean.  Every time a bad call goes against us, I remind myself of the 10 penalties we got at stupid times or the missed tackles or the incompletions or our own turnovers.  Typically that stuff evens out over the duration of the season. 

So I never ever want to hear another word,  not one word, nothing, about offensive pass interference in the back of the end zone - never again.

#herewegostelers

30 minutes ago, Dottles said:

For sure, there were certainly more plays the Eagles could have made to overcome 2 calls, especially in a game that went to OT.

But a call like that on the first play, on the road, can affect your psyche for a while.

4 hours ago, 12string said:

For sure, there were certainly more plays the Eagles could have made to overcome 2 calls, especially in a game that went to OT.

But a call like that on the first play, on the road, can affect your psyche for a while.

That was a tough loss. I watched it but missed or don't remember the fumble. For third person fans, that was good TV.

1 hour ago, 12string said:

as if the Eagles didn't already have most of the team on IR - added ANOTHER RB and ANOTHER DE to IR, and Wentz is probably out Sunday.

They could fill a pretty strong roster with their injured players,

Normally I would scream spilled milk. But with the thin margins of caps, there's not enough to pay the backup guys. So I completely understand.

50 minutes ago, Dottles said:

Normally I would scream spilled milk. But with the thin margins of caps, there's not enough to pay the backup guys. So I completely understand.

if it were just backups.  Last Sunday, 3 of the 4 defensive backfield starters were not even on an NFL roster 6 weeks ago.  For most of the season, the #1 running back was an undrafted rookie.  their 3rd receiver was signed out of retirement a couple weeks into the season.

3 hours ago, 12string said:

if it were just backups.  Last Sunday, 3 of the 4 defensive backfield starters were not even on an NFL roster 6 weeks ago.  For most of the season, the #1 running back was an undrafted rookie.  their 3rd receiver was signed out of retirement a couple weeks into the season.

And yet they we're a tipped pass from maybe winning the game. I would be encouraged.

On 12/12/2018 at 1:25 PM, 12string said:

I just keeps getting better for you:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=webhp&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjAmYSh5Z3fAhWM4FQKHcvoB84QzPwBegQIARAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.espn.com%2Fnfl%2Fstory%2F_%2Fid%2F25526262%2Fcarson-wentz-philadelphia-eagles-fractured-vertebra&psig=AOvVaw1CMAehmdmp93J8_Plu3YUD&ust=1544824339073349

21 minutes ago, Dottles said:

If Wentz  sets foot on the field again this season I'm going to go break some vertebrae in Pedersen's neck!

He already apparently played a couple weeks, possibly since October, with that injury.  Ajayi played a couple weeks with a few broken vertebrae before they shut him down with another injury.

13 minutes ago, 12string said:

If Wentz  sets foot on the field again this season I'm going to go break some vertebrae in Pedersen's neck!

He already apparently played a couple weeks, possibly since October, with that injury.  Ajayi played a couple weeks with a few broken vertebrae before they shut him down with another injury.

It's time to give up hope this year. At least you have the Super Bowl buzz to help you through the off-season. Good time to evaluate the younger guys for the future.

4 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Who are they playing?

Patriots vs. Steelers

I don't really like either team.  But it's a no brainer who to pick in that one.  i mainly want your team to lose because I think the Pats should win their final 2 games, and I like the idea of the AFC Championship game NOT going through your town.  But at the end of the day, I don't really care who wins.