Smelling good is expensive

petitepedal

:frantics:  About 30 years ago...I got Opium as a gift at Christmas...and it has more or less been my winter scent ever since...I use to pay $50 to $65 for a bottle  of the parfum the spendier stuff...LOL I got the cologne gift set with lotion...it was $8 more to get the lotion than to just get the same size bottle....they had 15% off...and it still came to $100....  On the plus side...it should last me about 2 years :whistle:

So now you guys know what I got for Christmas...a new but yet uninstalled kitchen light and some smelly stuff....

• Heart 1

26 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

:frantics:  About 30 years ago...I got Opium as a gift at Christmas...and it has more or less been my winter scent ever since...I use to pay $50 to $65 for a bottle  of the parfum the spendier stuff...LOL I got the cologne gift set with lotion...it was $8 more to get the lotion than to just get the same size bottle....they had 15% off...and it still came to $100....  On the plus side...it should last me about 2 years :whistle:

So now you guys know what I got for Christmas...a new but yet uninstalled kitchen light and some smelly stuff....

Wow, we never knew about this side of you petite. Interesting.....

I like body lotion with abit of fragrance.  Unfortunately dearie is allergic to perfume...he gets a boomin' headache and his sinus' clog up.  :(   So I haven't used any perfumed body lotion for well...probably last 15 yrs.  This is how I like perfume...in a body lotion.  I've never used pure perfume just for smell.

I like smells of: sandalwood, jasmine flower, magnolia, lily of the valley, citrus or fresh ocean-like smells.  I'm not a rose-scented nor vanilla (it kind is weird  since to me, it's an "edible" smell) person.

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

If you like Opium you should try Cocaine and Moriphine they are deritives of Opium. I wouldn’t try Crack though, it stinks.

• Heart 3

12 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

This is a smell free house.  I work in a fragrance free environment.  I love it.  What smells nice to the wearer is often offensive to the sniffer.

We have the same policy for work.  Can't control the passengers though and some strong scents, "Opium" included, trigger a nasty immune response in some people. 

Several years ago, the woman in my life told me to switch from Old Spice to Axe.

Like most men, if it smelled ok I did not feel impelled to explore other colognes, after shaves, deodorants, etc.

So I asked, "What's Axe?"

"It's something that won't make you smell like an old man like Old Spice does!"

"Yeah, but I heard the same story a generation ago with Brut, which is more like a woman's perfume. Do they even make that anymore?"

"Yeah, but get Axe."

But it wasn't so easy.  With Old Spice, you buy "Old Spice Classic Scent" and that works.  You can play the new scents like "Aqua," and "Wild Krakengard (it really exists!)," etc. but they're all basically Old Spice scent.

With Axe you have to choose between gel, lotion, and balm and scents like "Chocolate" and "Dark Temptation."  Dark Temptation?  The name of a man's scent?  Really?

Then Axe gets racial too. There's Axe Black Men's After Shave, etc. I guess White Men's is either what they've been selling or will come out next.  I wonder what Asian, Native American, etc. will smell like? Do they sell Axe Aborigine in Australia?

Google "axe vs old spice" and there are a huge number of discussions and studies including one that concludes, "...it is already easy to see that Old Spice dominates these [like/dislike] metrics. In terms of strength, it is clear that Old Spice is being talked about more frequently online than Axe. Their campaigns reflect this fact, as they curate and create videos/content that must be sought out online.

Once a person is online looking at the video, engagement is the easy part as every video instantly has hundreds of comments and conversations flowing. The same cannot be said about Axe, whose older videos were among their most viewed, and new campagns aren’t catching on as well. Next is sentiment. Old Spice has a high degree of sentiment compared to Axe, receiving generally more than twice as many positive to negative comments." Source: https://steffanpedersen.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/axe-versus-old-spice-pdf.pdf

So the hell with it, I'm going back to Old Spice. I'm 68 and don't mind smelling like an old man!

• Heart 1