Jump to content

Smelling bad is offensive


Dottles
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was at the gym this morning and there was a Korean guy next to me on the dreadmill.   I swear the more he sweated the more I could smell kimchee.

 It reminded me of the Korean barbers I went to in the Army.  Great cut & cheap too but they all smelled of kimchee.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I was at the gym this morning and there was a Korean guy next to me on the dreadmill.   I swear the more he sweated the more I could smell kimchee.

 It reminded me of the Korean barbers I went to in the Army.  Great cut & cheap too but they all smelled of kimchee.

Years ago we had a janitor with a Korean wife and that kimchee smell was one of the worst smells ever, maybe even worse than a garbage dump or paper mill!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Years ago we had a janitor with a Korean wife and that kimchee smell was one of the worst smells ever, maybe even worse than a garbage dump or paper mill!

I had kimchee last Sunday for the first time. I didn’t think it smelled that bad. Maybe it wasn’t made correctly. I expected it to be spicier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I had kimchee last Sunday for the first time. I didn’t think it smelled that bad. Maybe it wasn’t made correctly. I expected it to be spicier.

I don't know....I don't eat enough of it annually. But I don't mind eating kimchee.  I'm not sure if I've smelled kimchee around people.  It's like saying do Germans smell like sauerkraut and sour cream?

When my mother immigrate to Canada she found some Caucasian people....smelled like sour milk.  It made her slightly nauseous. Could that be the dairy based diet....cheese (it took awhile to get used to cheese), yogurt...  You guys need to smell yourselves first.. :D

When we were in Seoul this past summer for just 3.5 years....I must admit I was getting tired of seeing some form of kimchee on restaurant meals.  I'm sure there are different grades of kimchee, just like different grades of miso (red miso, white miso, etc.) in Japan but I haven't figure out differences.  (except I like white miso better).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Further said:

One of the signs to myself that I'm getting sick is that some people will have a rancid smell, they don't look dirty and I don't normally smell this scent, but when I'm coming down with a real bug I smell it a lot. 

The guys I worked with always left the Pennsylvania Game News on the break room table. The best part was the stories in the back about a guy named Rancid Crabtree. Your comment made me think of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

The guys I worked with always left the Pennsylvania Game News on the break room table. The best part was the stories in the back about a guy named Rancid Crabtree. Your comment made me think of it.

Rancid Crabtree was a character created by Patrick McManus, one of my favorite writers. He wrote outdoor, hunting & fishing based stories about life. One the most insightful writers I've ever read.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_F._McManus

  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Further said:

Rancid Crabtree was a character created by Patrick McManus, one of my favorite writers. He wrote outdoor, hunting & fishing based stories about life. One the most insightful writers I've ever read.

 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_F._McManus

Now that you mention it it was probably another hunting and fishing magazine. Anyway the stories were always good.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...