Names of meeting rms.

shootingstar

I won a coffee card ….for best name for a newly created board meeting rm.: Northern Lights.  In Alberta, northern lights especially several km. north of us, are more common.

On the floor /dept. I used to work, the names for board meeting rms. were:  Starlight, Celestial, Skyline, Tranquility, Serenity, Sunrise, Igloo,  Tropicana, Cabana and boring, Main Street.  The management decided not to use "Tequila"  since for outsiders it wouldn't look good to name after an alcoholic drink.

On another floor, for older meeting rms., 1 meeting rm. is: Aurora.  Another down the hall is:  Borealis.  :)  I didn't know it at the time, I submitted my name entry since I had just been hired by organization. 

On the floor where I work, board room, named after the city's lst city clerk, another named after the first female Canadian councillor (she was serving on our city council)

There is another floor with more lovely board rooms, each, named after beautiful Rocky Mountain turquoise lakes and glacial rivers, Bow, Peyto, Waterton, Moraine, Jasper, Peace, Assiniboinne (which is native Indian), etc.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, jsharr said:

We call ours the big conference room, aka Eric's office and the little conference room.    I designed and oversaw construction of both.  Layout, furnishing, video screens, white boards, etc.  I even installed the power and data ports in the tables

You might consider a contest to name  1-2 meeting rms.  ..for semi fun.  Our meeting rms. have little name plaques outside in the hall beside them. It truly is to help employees across the city to know where to go in faster way. To book meeting rm., they are listed in Microsoft Outlook.  We have probably over 100 meeting rms. across the city in several bldgs. that we own and occupy with employees.

4 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

You might consider a contest to name  1-2 meeting rms.  ..for semi fun.  Our meeting rms. have little name plaques outside in the hall beside them. It truly is to help employees across the city to know where to go in faster way. To book meeting rm., they are listed in Microsoft Outlook.  We have probably over 100 meeting rms. across the city in several bldgs. that we own and occupy with employees.

Our office is small.  receptionist, break room, four offices and two meeting rooms.  Only 1800 sg. feet.

17 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Our church has a lot of meeting rooms, they are not “ board” meeting rooms. They are named “The Life Center” “Byler Chapel” “Victory Kids” “The Riot” “The Gap”  “Creation Station” and “Quest”. The less creative rooms are named MR1, MR2 and MR3.

Excellent. :)

56 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Our church has a lot of meeting rooms, they are not “ board” meeting rooms. They are named “The Life Center” “Byler Chapel” “Victory Kids” “The Riot” “The Gap”  “Creation Station” and “Quest”. The less creative rooms are named MR1, MR2 and MR3.

I had an MR2 once. It was a very small room. 2 seater

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Evidently not.?

A lot of our buildings are open office....the whole floor is open with cubicles or odd office here and there, then meeting rms. are placed here and there all over.   Then whole floor is dvided into Grid....so 4C4-12.  So a person's cubicle space is this code... To have a meeting rm, just a grid space code would be a nightmare to remember.  So a human word based name which there is also a grid code number. But for freakin' sure, we don't have a list of useless of grid code numbers for over 100 meeting rms.

You guys have to work for a large organization where in 1 multi-level building there are several thousand employees.