Fun with your brian

Road Runner

Does your brian like to play games with you?  Mine does, especially so in recent years.  :)

I was recently reminiscing about a woman I knew back in the early 80's.  Her first name came to me immediately.  It was Carol.  A common name in those days.  But I couldn't recall her last name.  I thought and thought, but nothing.  For several days, I would randomly try to come up with her name, but my brian refused to answer.  I eventually decided her last name was gone forever from brian's data bank and so I gave up.

Then a few days ago, I was driving to a nearby city and I passed the house that I remembered her parents lived in.  Suddenly and totally out of the blue, my brian screamed, "Davis", at me!!!  I wasn't even thinking about her name, but just that I had been to the house on one occasion.

My brian seems to enjoy fucking with me these days.  :(  

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Does your brian like to play games with you?  Mine does, especially so in recent years.  :)

I was recently reminiscing about a woman I knew back in the early 80's.  Her first name came to me immediately.  It was Carol.  A common name in those days.  But I couldn't recall her last name.  I thought and thought, but nothing.  For several days, I would randomly try to come up with her name, but my brian refused to answer.  I eventually decided her last name was gone forever from brian's data bank and so I gave up.

Then a few days ago, I was driving to a nearby city and I passed the house that I remembered her parents lived in.  Suddenly and totally out of the blue, my brian screamed, "Davis", at me!!!  I wasn't even thinking about her name, but just that I had been to the house on one occasion.

My brian seems to enjoy fucking with me these days.  :(  

This happens to me all the time.  I learned years ago that the harder I tried to remember, the longer it took.  Sometime it's best to leave my "brian" alone and just let it do it's thing.

• Heart 3

11 minutes ago, Zackny said:

It’s not that I forget stuff, it’s just the little guy who goes to retrieve the information gets lost all the time.?

I am amazed at the people on Jeopardy.  Not only do they know a boatload of crap, but even more amazing, that they can so quickly and easily access it.  Even the questions I know, I have to think about for several seconds before it comes to me.  They seem to have immediate and total recall.   :o