5G phones are coming

dinneR

5G Phones Coming

Today 7:30am

SEE MORE: OPINION

Offering faster internet speeds and better battery life, recent announcements from Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint suggest 5G devices will begin to appear on the market in the first half of 2019. What do you think?

“Great! I can finally replace this $1,500 piece of shit.”

PETER BROUGHTON • FISH CANDLER

“Just tell me where there’s a line, I’ll go stand in it.”

ISHMAEL WOLFE • CRACKER MONGER

“Dear God, how many more Gs until we are satisfied?”

KAREN IRVINE • SEARCH ENGINE HISTORIAN

• Haha 1

Why couldn't they skip 5G!

Trying to troubleshoot why the 5G (technically 5 ghz) wifi wasn't being identified as an available network on devices then the light was lit on the router. Google search "5G wifi" and it returned this pending technology crap!

Noted on Apple product and search noted IOS issue...but had same problem of the 5g channel not available on my laptop. Asus login didn't identify a problem with the channel as active, but one online 'solution' noted a bad radio when talking to Asus tech support (after full system resets and re-setup which hesitant to do, thankfully already had the current firmware) and could be replaced under 2 year warranty. Remembered that had to restore network to my Ring doorbell last week and the 5g channel wasn't offered as a choice. Delayed further troubleshooting -checking  wife's phone/ipad, Roku, and android devices - until the next day, and suddenly started working!

1 hour ago, Tizeye said:

Why couldn't they skip 5G!

Trying to troubleshoot why the 5G (technically 5 ghz) wifi wasn't being identified as an available network on devices then the light was lit on the router. Google search "5G wifi" and it returned this pending technology crap!

Noted on Apple product and search noted IOS issue...but had same problem of the 5g channel not available on my laptop. Asus login didn't identify a problem with the channel as active, but one online 'solution' noted a bad radio when talking to Asus tech support (after full system resets and re-setup which hesitant to do, thankfully already had the current firmware) and could be replaced under 2 year warranty. Remembered that had to restore network to my Ring doorbell last week and the 5g channel wasn't offered as a choice. Delayed further troubleshooting -checking  wife's phone/ipad, Roku, and android devices - until the next day, and suddenly started working!

Actually 5G is the fifth generation of cellular mobile communications and not the frequency band. It's going to work at 15 gigahertz and higher to get best results.

I'm not so thrilled about 5G phones, but I am looking forward to actual 5G service.  That's really the level we needed to be at to cut all the cords.  No more DSP or cable for TV and internet.  We're getting closer to moving everything to just one cellular service to access all of our communications and entertainment.  Next up - full solar and tear down all those ugly poles and wires

• Heart 2