I realize how much you all mean to me

Airehead

Some stuff can only be shared here. I have to be professional and mostly together in lots of hard situations. Here I can tell you that I am sad and mad and pissed and despondent and so many other things. 

Thank you. 

We we had a student pass today. She was fragile but not ill that we knew of-  not hospitalized.   There are some very unique and distressing elements that lead up to this.   I may always wonder.    I think the school leaders did a very caring job of bringing together her classroom team and therapists to share the news. Helping them to grieve and take care of the classmates.    It is the sucky part of my job.  Second death in that room that originally had seven students in September .  My staff are brave and strong and talented and loving. They made each day count for her. 

• Sad 12

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

Thank you. 

Same. This is a special group of people here. I don't think I could have gotten through this year without them. This includes you Ms. Aire.

You are a good and kind person who works hard for the people in your life. Don't let it get the better of you, lean on us. We all help each other shoulder the load.

• Heart 1

I taught in a 2900 student high school and, inevitably, we had a surprise death on a few occasions. We have a countywide school system with 12 large high schools and many feeder schools, and when such a thing would happen, the guidance counselors, physchologists, etc. that worked for the system would be concentrated at whatever school had such a problem and they did a good job, including coordinating homeroom activities to help deal with the problem.

Good luck in getting through this sad event!