JHC

TrentonMakes

I really hate when someone, or some agency, tries to something right, or tries to do something nice that they don't have to, and have to deal with garbage like this.

https://www.nj.com/news/2018/12/holland-tunnel-decorations-are-a-giant-pain-in-the-a-for-this-man-so-he-launched-a-crusade-to-fix-christmas-for-commuters.html

How is the guy's OCD going to handle it if the tree is not centered between the two wreaths?  That's what my eye would look for.

The comments are right - he should focus his efforts on complaining about the $15 toll.

The comments are also right in that this web site shouldn't be giving this guy a soapbox.

This is one of those "get a life" complaints.

I coached a cross country runner who was also my chemistry student who had some mental problems.

One of the things that severely bugged him was that the bells ending class were up to 30 seconds early or late compared to his accurate digital watch.

I explained to him that the bell schedule was not controlled by a digital machine: it was on a rotating clock dial where pegs were placed in holes to make the bells ring at specific times, and the pegs were not engineered to be extremely accurate or precise (repeatable).

But it still bugged him. The bell would ring 15 seconds early, I'd tell the class it was dismissed, and he would yell, "No! We can't go yet! The bell was early!"
I then told him it was the bell that determined when I should dismiss class, unless there was a reason to keep the class going for last second instructions, not the exact time.

It STILL bugged him - and continued all the way through high school!

He probably grew up to be much like the jerk in the article.

• Heart 1

You know what?  You sit in that fucking stop and go line for forty-five fucking minutes on average, and these fucking NJ jackholes can’t figure out how to decorate in a way that makes a lick of sense.  It is infuriating, because everything is infuriating when you wait to get financially ass-raped to get back to decent society.  I understand.  

Personally, I would prefer that they not even attempt to decorate, because everything in NJ is fucked up in a major way. 

21 hours ago, Randomguy said:

You know what?  You sit in that fucking stop and go line for forty-five fucking minutes on average, and these fucking NJ jackholes can’t figure out how to decorate in a way that makes a lick of sense.  It is infuriating, because everything is infuriating when you wait to get financially ass-raped to get back to decent society.  I understand.  

Personally, I would prefer that they not even attempt to decorate, because everything in NJ is fucked up in a major way. 

Now you can vote.

http://www.panynj.gov/

59 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I cast my vote for "what a waste of the Port Authority's time".

and "leave them as they are to spite the prick who started this".

The guy does sound prickish, but like I said, to be staring at yet another example of NJ ineptitude for 45 minutes every day while stuck and nothing else to look at will make somebody angry.  Clearly nobody in NJ transit gives a shit about anything, and got called out by a dicknose who got over angry about it.  I have to agree with him on the placement of the tree, though, anyone not from NJ probably would have done it on the A.

The whole vote exercise is ridiculous.  As if that will be the end of this.  The results will come in, and they will be publicly questioned by proponents of the three non-winning options.  And the Port Authority is going to end up being the bad guy no matter what.

The Port Authority doesn't have to put up any decorations at all.  I think it's nice that they go to this effort, and I think they can put them up the way they want.

Actually, my opinion shouldn't count because I don't think I have ever in my life been in the Holland Tunnel.  (Lincoln, a few times)

4 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

The Port Authority doesn't have to put up any decorations at all.  I think it's nice that they go to this effort, and I think they can put them up the way they want.

Actually, my opinion shouldn't count because I don't think I have ever in my life been in the Holland Tunnel.  (Lincoln, a few times)

You know they closed lanes and made is slower putting anything up at all, I bet almost all wish they hadn't bothered.  As is, I say it is an affront to anyone that has two brains cells to rub together and actually tries to do a good job.