and there was much rejoicing

Dirtyhip

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

I don't know how you landlords do it.  Lots of people want to own rental property, but it would drive me nuts.  :(

Yup!  I know I don;t have the temperament to deal with that.  I would be picturing Michael Keaton in Pacific Heights the whole time. :D

So no more Chickenville!  Congrats, DH!

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Yup!  I know I don;t have the temperament to deal with that.  I would be picturing Michael Keaton in Pacific Heights the whole time. :D

So no more Chickenville!  Congrats, DH!

There was so much wrong in the Pacific Heights movie.  In our dealings, we were pretty cautious with people.  

2 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I don't know how you landlords do it.  Lots of people want to own rental property, but it would drive me nuts.  :(

It was a long arduous journey.  It was lucrative, but work is still work.  It worked out very well for us.  Strangers paid off the house as we floated it.  We were lucky.  No one really tore things up, and in ten years, we never had a tenant pay us late for that rental. 

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Yay!!!  How are you going to celebrate?

i would be taking big happy breaths all day, eating nice foods, giving K a massage, possibly having an edible.

Enjoy this day of freedom! 

I am celebrating by sharing the love to some others.  :loveshower:

Last night my husband came home.  He and I both knew that it closed and funded.  I was in the process of making us tuna sammies.  We didn't go to dinner.  He said "No celebration?"  I replied "Not yet, today, was a down day in the stock market.  Money doesn't grow on trees, Y'know."  It was my W. Buffet funny.  He laughed and we ate tuna sammies and played chess, then an early bed time.  HAHA   I am so boring.

We will most likely celebrate soon.  I am going to take the trust deed and loan payoff statement out of the safe, and burn them both.  It's the end of an era.  

He and I were joking around.  I said, now we really could move to Kauai, and live in a van.  ?  Then we tossed jokes back and forth about the Kauai experience.  

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

This is such a great day, I am stoked for you!

So, I called to shut off power.  The stupid new people have not turned on theirs.  This is a smart meter, which means it shuts off immediately.  I opted to run power for them, until 5 pm.  I called the realtor and said "tell those people to get on it.  Power is going off at 5pm.  They must turn on power, or risk frozen pipes."  

Not sure if they would freeze that fast, because there is insulation, but still...in a frozen place you have to run heat to the houses to keep things all safe.