Hops

dinneR

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/12/13/676047048/the-bitter-boom-and-bust-tale-of-colorados-bet-on-local-beer-hops

I've been to Yakima and Willamette valleys. Their hop fields are impressive. I found some wild hops growing in WA and have been told there is something growing in my neighborhood. 

Back in 2010, there were high hopes in Colorado that locally grown hops, the plant that gives beer a bitter or citrusy flavor, would help feed the then-booming craft beer market. In just six years, the industry had sprouted from almost nothing to 200 acres, according to the trade association Hop Growers of America.

Riley has ripped up his hop plants and moved on to something else that many farmers are hoping will become the next big crop in Colorado — and maybe across the United States: industrial hemp

3 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I am thinking of trying to grow hops this year since my garden soil is so tired of tomatoes and peppers which don't grow so well for me anymore. 

You have to control it. It will grow like a bad weed once it takes hold. Then again if it's Chinook, that's not a real bad problem to have.  :)