RG's NFL football team won again.

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

43 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

That right there is funny.

But true.  It is a middling type of dysfunction with Jerry, and I don't think that it is inaccurate to objectively feel that the Browns will be the better team next year than the Cowboys.  

Think about it.  The Cowboys have a better offensive and defensive line, although the Browns may be slightly ahead with the edge rushers (when healthy).  The Cowboys may be only ever so slightly ahead in the secondary, and they have one true #1 receiver and a more experienced and proven all-around running back.

The Browns clearly have the better quarterback at this point (can't believe that I can actually say that), and it is safe to say that Dak has plateau'd and you get what you get with him.  I hate to say it, but the Browns have a better all-around receiving corp (mostly because the Cowboys don't have shit there, other than Cooper now) that is taking their lumps this year, but have definitely progressed.  Do the Browns have the edge at tight end?  Chubb is good, really good, at running and has proven to be a decent receiver and a good blocker.  Duke is a better second than anyone the Cowboys have.

The Cowboys have more depth at most positions, the Browns currently have better coaches front and back and in and out and fore and aft.  The Browns have a LOT of cap space and extra draft picks, and have now become a place that free-agents will at least check out.  The biggest thing the Browns have behind the scenes is a real general manager that knows his shit, which the Cowboys assuredly don't.  Plus, Dallas has Garrett, which counts against them in my book.  

If Dallas gets healthy going into the playoffs, they could do some damage this year.  Next year and the year after?  Could still be good, but the Browns just need to plug some holes and add depth and get a reliable guy to stretch the field on offense, but they are really positioned to make a run next year and a couple more after that.

37 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

But true.  It is a middling type of dysfunction with Jerry, and I don't think that it is inaccurate to objectively feel that the Browns will be the better team next year than the Cowboys.  

Think about it.  The Cowboys have a better offensive and defensive line, although the Browns may be slightly ahead with the edge rushers (when healthy).  The Cowboys may be only ever so slightly ahead in the secondary, and they have one true #1 receiver and a more experienced and proven all-around running back.

The Browns clearly have the better quarterback at this point (can't believe that I can actually say that), and it is safe to say that Dak has plateau'd and you get what you get with him.  I hate to say it, but the Browns have a better all-around receiving corp (mostly because the Cowboys don't have shit there, other than Cooper now) that is taking their lumps this year, but have definitely progressed.  Do the Browns have the edge at tight end?  Chubb is good, really good, at running and has proven to be a decent receiver and a good blocker.  Duke is a better second than anyone the Cowboys have.

The Cowboys have more depth at most positions, the Browns currently have better coaches front and back and in and out and fore and aft.  The Browns have a LOT of cap space and extra draft picks, and have now become a place that free-agents will at least check out.  The biggest thing the Browns have behind the scenes is a real general manager that knows his shit, which the Cowboys assuredly don't.  Plus, Dallas has Garrett, which counts against them in my book.  

If Dallas gets healthy going into the playoffs, they could do some damage this year.  Next year and the year after?  Could still be good, but the Browns just need to plug some holes and add depth and get a reliable guy to stretch the field on offense, but they are really positioned to make a run next year and a couple more after that.

You need to get a job.