Do you ever feel like this when I reply to one of your posts?

jsharr

19 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You post arrived just a few short decades too late.

It's one of those things when you read the OP, feel joy that i made a funny quip, and then double check to see if anyone had your/my idea, and discovering they did, I'll be damned if they steal my thunder. WTF. That's not even a sentence. But so what if the thunder explodes off on the horizon with a dud? It still went off and I bolstered my inflated value of myself. Don't try to steal my vanity too.

I feel really bad after reading this thread. It's clear that many people read other people's posts....something I've never done. To be fair....long time back....I did try and it was a dreadful experience, absolutely painful if I'm honest. I remember thinking, never again... and since that time I read only my own posts, and I have to say that it has been very rewarding....dear me yes. I've spent many a fun-filled hour chortling away at my humorous bon mots and clever wordplay........it does cheer me up no end.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

I feel really bad after reading this thread. It's clear that many people read other people's posts....something I've never done. To be fair....long time back....I did try and it was a dreadful experience, absolutely painful if I'm honest. I remember thinking, never again... and since that time I read only my own posts, and I have to say that it has been very rewarding....dear me yes. I've spent many a fun-filled hour chortling away at my humorous bon mots and clever wordplay........it does cheer me up no end.

It cheers me up too 

7 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

So with my comprehension issues, what I make of your words is that you spend many hour playing with your post?

Do I understand that correctly?

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

So with my comprehension issues, what I make of your words is that you spend many hour playing with your post?

Do I understand that correctly?

You should be ashamed to say these things.....you dirty thing you. Anyone might read this and get completely the wrong idea. Thank the Lord that I am far removed from this type of filth and am now on a higher spiritual plane......I look down on this sort of thing.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

14 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It cheers me up too 

And let's face it....you do need cheering up given you live on sterile water and Ryvita. I mean, let's face it, at the end of it you're still going to be a particularly ugly duckling with absolutely no chance of turning into a beautiful swan....right? The best you can look forward to at the end of your diet is a slightly slimmer ugly duckling,...and that's going to be devastating. 

Just now, jsharr said:

Will you?  Also, can you explain what bon mots are after you put them back in your trousers?

There are times.....and this is one of them.... when I tire of having to continually educate and enlighten my American cousins.....dear me yes. I've been doing it for years now and yet, no matter how hard I try I can feel in my water that they are going to remain every bit as stupid as when I started. It's really dispiriting.... I mean someone tries to bring a little of worldly sophistication and old-world charm into their rustic existence and the next moment they are talking about testicles.....it shouldn't be like this.

1 minute ago, onbike1939 said:

There are times.....and this is one of them.... when I tire of having to continually educate and enlighten my American cousins.....dear me yes. I've been doing it for years now and yet, no matter how hard I try I can feel in my water that they are going to remain every bit as stupid as when I started. It's really dispiriting.... I mean someone tries to bring a little of worldly sophistication and old-world charm into their rustic existence and the next moment they are talking about testicles.....it shouldn't be like this.

And now you know the real reason why we left your uptight country and came to America!  When we say FREE in Land of the FREE, we mean it brother! 

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

And now you know the real reason why we left your uptight country and came to America!  When we say FREE in Land of the FREE, we mean it brother! 

Now that's just fine....and I applaud your sentiments...really I do. But do you never feel that you need a little refinement? Does it ever cross your mind that...really...you should stop spitting tobacco juice on the dining room floor? Do you ever long to shuck off the dungarees and put down the jug and reflect on the finer things in life even for just a moment? Did it ever occur to you that you too can keep your hankie tucked up your sleeve?

6 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Now that's just fine....and I applaud your sentiments...really I do. But do you never feel that you need a little refinement? Does it ever cross your mind that...really...you should stop spitting tobacco juice on the dining room floor? Do you ever long to shuck off the dungarees and put down the jug and reflect on the finer things in life even for just a moment? Did it ever occur to you that you too can keep your hankie tucked up your sleeve?

What part of "jsharr is from Texas" do you not understand?