Another ailing dog... :(

shotgun

Our Scottie has something wrong with his back and is having trouble walking. It started last week after he went to the groomer and has gotten progressively worse.  Now, he can't lift his leg to pee and I fear he will hold it longer than he should. The vet took x-rays today and didn't see anything. Hopefully, the anti-inflammatory and pain meds will help some...

DSC09248P.thumb.JPG.38940fc7c011c5a3ded53d7772d5d682.JPG

• Sad 7

13 hours ago, Airehead said:

Third to make a terrier rest but try. Hugs. 

Dexter is going on ten years old, and there are only two times he's active. 1. His daily walk, which he begs for because it is what he lives for! 2. Chasing a squirrel out of our back yard. He's rather anti-social and doesn't play with Miles.

He hasn't improved much. He won't pee outside while we're watching and he keeps looking at us through the window to see if we're still watching him. He has a hard time getting up the two steps onto the deck to come inside, but he won't let me help him. Stubborn Scottie Tricks!

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, smudge said:

Did he jump off the grooming table and hurt his back when he landed? 

Sorry about his ailment. Back issues are tough for people and pets! 

It's possible. We weren't told of anything happening, and haven't asked them. I suppose after hundreds of dollars in vet bills, we should talk to the groomer.

He's walking a little better now, and not falling as much.

3 hours ago, shotgun said:

It's possible. We weren't told of anything happening, and haven't asked them. I suppose after hundreds of dollars in vet bills, we should talk to the groomer.

He's walking a little better now, and not falling as much.

Ya, groomer is not going to admit to anything. Groomer knows doggie can't talk, so..... Poor doggie.

He couldn't walk today, or even stand on all four. He hasn't been able to control his bladder, to know it was full, or to release it. The vet did not offer much hope, other than the possibility of taking him to a neurologist for an MRI and surgery. And his problem still might not be correctable...    She knows how much we love and care for our dogs, and do not want them to suffer.

• Sad 3

12 hours ago, smudge said:

Um, this is in past tense...... Has he been put out of his misery?  :(

Unfortunately, yes. We had to make a very difficult decision.

Rest in Peace little Dexter. I hope there's snow in heaven for you to play in.  ?

IMG_1155.thumb.jpg.aa97ad06398fa46ded2c55caaab01457.jpg

• Sad 7

1 hour ago, shotgun said:

This makes two within six weeks.  Miles is lost without them. My wife was already on the lookout for a Schnauzer pup after we said goodbye to Katie...

I am so sorry to hear about this, I know it isn't easy.  It sounds like you did everything you could, and I know dogs feel that.

I have posted this before, and think it presents an accurate reading of things:

No. 97

• Awesome 2