It is true, I am with child

Randomguy

This was a quote from that same horrible show I am half-paying attention to, all because my parents watch it.  I like to tell them I am watching, it makes them happy.

Anyway, some ditzball who is the queen or somesuch has been trying to get knocked up, and does.  The douchebag effeminate king gets all happy, and the next shot they show is them under the covers just finishing banging to celebrate.  This is not the first thing most people would do, I think.  Seems weird to me, if I was a king and got the queen knocked up, I would maybe bang a concubine or a mistress or somesuch, I am sure kings can hook that up pretty easily.

14 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

The douchebag effeminate king gets all happy, and the next shot they show is them under the covers just finishing banging to celebrate.  This is not the first thing most people would do, I think.  Seems weird to me, if I was a king and got the queen knocked up, I would maybe bang a concubine or a mistress or somesuch, I am sure kings can hook that up pretty easily.

Depends....is the queen as hot as your avatar?

1 minute ago, Chris... said:

It's rubbish

Yuh huh.  My mother maintains that it gets better and better, and I suppose it only has one way it can go.  Anyway, I fast forward through 2/3 of the episodes and leave them running if I get up to go to the kitchen, bathroom, grocery store.

The casting seems a bit on the horrible side, as does the writing and storyline.

Just now, Chris... said:

the wife watches all of those historical dramas and she didn't even like it.

It is unlikable.  Now the queen lost the baby.  Now two servant chicks just did some 16th century scissoring out in the open and were discovered, but no one made a stink about it.  Now the king is reliving killing his father in a joust.  Now the dead father is talking to the king though a servant chick.  Some sort of supernatural bit.  Now there is a murder of a protestant.  This is one episode.

Sounds like an episode of Victoria, the BBC series about the British Queen, that was recently aired on PBS from the 2nd Season of the series.  The 3rd season is some weeks away and they're running the 2nd season to get people ready:

In the first pic below is the hottie Victoria (not so in real like) and her husband, the handsome (not so in real life) Prince Albert of Hanover from the show.  After Victoria, during WW1, the family changed its last name from the German Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor.  Prince Albert is also a tobacco.  There was an old telephone prank where a prankster would call a store and ask, "Do you have Prince Albert in a can?" When the store answered, "Yes," the prankster would say, "Well you better let him out!"

I prefer the good-looking characters (see the 2nd pic for the real Victoria).  That makes up for the slow pacing of the series. Still, it's interesting to see how much she controlled and didn't control British Government as the most powerful ruler on the Earth: Queen of Britain, N. Ireland, Canada, India, Australia, South Africa, etc. etc. when the "Sun never set on the British Empire."  As Queen from 1837-1876, she was influential in holding the British cotton garment and other industries at bay and keeping the government from recognizing the Confederate States of America. Lincoln's Emancipation Proclamation in 1862 was made as early in the war as possible (after a then-rare victory at Antietam so Lincoln wouldn't look deperate) in order to make it easier for Victoria to maintain opposition to the Confederacy due to Lincoln making slavery a major internationally-recognized issue. The great friendship and alliances that resulted between the USA and Britain from that time on had Victoria to thank for sparking it.

854315233_VictoriaandAlbert.JPG.653a0dea8abf8ab98745def6e4708b45.JPG

They would have needed better scripts for the real Victoria to carry the series:

600793381_VictoriaQueenreal.jpg.b6884cf7d6fc3d1c020f26d30a210b0e.jpg