2005 Pontiac Vibe - 172,000 miles

1981 Chevy El Camino

1981 Yamaha Chappy

1964 Studebaker Lark

1962 Studebaker Lark

1960 Studebaker Lark

1954 Farmall Super C tractor

1949 Ford 8N Tractor

Looks like we might have a winner unless sheep_herder can come up with an older tractor.

My first car was 1962 Studebaker Hawk GT. I wish that I kept it and my 1964 Impala SS.

I'll have an older one when I trade in my 2013 Honda Fit in the late 2020's.

15 minutes before midnight, on News Years Eve, 12/31/12, a hit-and-run driver barely tapped the bumper of my parker 1997 Ford Taurus.  You could barely see a scratch on the bumper.  But it was enough to set-off the airbags and ruin the windshield.  Sure enough, the book value was only $900 so State Farm totaled it.  I expected a check for $900 but State Farm gave me a check for $2992!  They explained that they took into account dealer markup, taxes and tags, etc.  I didn't ask them why they didn't take that into account when they totaled the Taurus!  I had already been planning on a Fit, had consulted with friends and relatives on the color, etc.  State Farm gave me a rental car for free on Jan. 1 until the Fit was ready for me to pick up.  The rental car company drove me to the dealer after I dropped the rental off! I love State Farm!

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I have posted them before.  I am a little more selective in what I post now.  Being the photos become the property of SWCF and all. 

10 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

That statement also concerned me a bit.  May affect what I post in the future.

Clearly I have no intention of ever doing anything with anything ever posted here.  It is beneath even me to consider stealing someones intellectual property.  I have had people stomp out of here and demand I remove all of their posts.  That I will not do, it would make a mess of the site.

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Clearly I have no intention of ever doing anything with anything ever posted here.  It is beneath even me to consider stealing someones intellectual property.  I have had people stomp out of here and demand I remove all of their posts.  That I will not do, it would make a mess of the site.

Now that I have your attention, how is the new lens and camera working out for you?  Do you have a feel on how it will work for the rowing photos you want?  I am really liking the 5D, but still use the 7D.  Currently, the 7D is attached to the 100x400 mm lens with the 1.4 extender.  May try and take a few geese photos over the next few days.  Merry Christmas!!

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, sheep_herder said:

Now that I have your attention, how is the new lens and camera working out for you?  Do you have a feel on how it will work for the rowing photos you want?  I am really liking the 5D, but still use the 7D.  Currently, the 7D is attached to the 100x400 mm lens with the 1.4 extender.  May try and take a few geese photos over the next few days.  Merry Christmas!!

Merry Christmas to you also.  I am working a lot more hours, and there is no light except for the weekends.  I haven't used it nearly as much as I would like to have.  The good thing is it will last for years.  I'll get a good shot every now and then.

• Heart 1

2008 Toyota Highlander. 115,000 miles. It’s my snow/vacation/dog carting/boat hauling vehicle.

I got a new car two years ago, because I want to keep the Highlander for another 3 years until the kids go off to college. I feared it would die before then if it were my daily vehicle, and didn’t want to buy another full size SUV.