It's over. How was it?

Dottleshead

27 minutes ago, donkpow said:

It is interesting that your home includes a throne for "Bastet".

https://www.ancientegyptonline.co.uk/bast.html

My home is often full of Egyptian things.  Most are put away to make room for Christmas but the cat (Clyde) is laying on a camel saddle.  There is a statue of Bastet somewhere around here however.  Our husky was named Anubis.

• Heart 2

Good, if quiet. Our son was able to be there. The girls couldn't make it back. Holiday airfare is pretty outrageous on limited budgets! So we FaceTimed with them a bit. We went to my parents' for  dinner. Christmas Eve was spent at the in-laws. A little more chaotic, there! 5 children under the age of 10. Fun until the kids got tired and cranky. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

My home is often full of Egyptian things.  Most are put away to make room for Christmas but the cat (Clyde) is laying on a camel saddle.  There is a statue of Bastet somewhere around here however.  Our husky was named Anubis.

I would suggest more Clyde and Anubis postings.  Clyde looks like he has some real pizzazz and if Anubis puts up with him, then I bet Anubis is pretty cool too.

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I would suggest more Clyde and Anubis postings.  Clyde looks like he has some real pizzazz and if Anubis puts up with him, then I bet Anubis is pretty cool too.

Anubis died a few years ago.  Clyde belings to youngest son and lives in the basement with his sister Bonnie and youngest son.  He was only upstairs because my 3 were sleeping.  When he was alive Anubis got along with the previous two cats Cleopatra and Isis because they were declawed.  When he bothered them they would hit him so hard it reminded me of some of the famous boxing still pics where sweat is flying in the air as the glove hits.  So the piece was enforced by the cats....."don't f with me and I won't hit you"

• Sad 1

My first Xmas present was a cold my wife thoughtfully gave me. Aside from that, it was nice. After dinner we watched Incredibles 2, I love Edna. Sis made a very olde New England recipe called Blueberry pudding. She's been fiddling with the recipe, and it's a little better than what Mom made.

• Heart 3

We had both kids, our SIL and sons GF over Christmas morning.  Sons GF and her mom are having a tough go due to a recent divorce and she said this was the best Christmas in a long time.  That made us feel good.  

We got her a stocking and stuffed it like the kids and  later that day she packed her stocking with her gifts.  We said if you want it refilled next year you have to leave it here.  She happily obliged.  Hopefully we have her over next Christmas too, she's really sweet.

Sister & wife came over for brunch, took a nap and then had Christmas dinner with my SIL's family.

• Heart 1

Ours was excellent!  My sister-in-law baked a fabulous, juicy, tender beef roast.  I made "Poor Man's Pierogies:" extrawide egg noodles with cottage cheese and sour cream and chopped sweet onion semi-softened in a frying pan with lots of butter.  Others made various veggies and deserts.

We watched Jumanji: Welcome Back to the Jungle.

I gave my 17 year-old nephew, who has just gotten his first used car, a $92 Duracell backup battery/air compressor/light outfit.  Learning he doesn't have Bluetooth in the 2009 Toyota Matrix, I told him I'd get him, for his 18th birthday on 12/28, the same clip-on-the-sun-visor Jabra Freeway Speakerphone that I use - I just paid $94 on Amazon for it. That way, he won't be tempted to use his hands to answer/make phone calls. I liked the Motorola Roadster 2 slightly better but the batteries in the first one I had and its warranteed replacement both died in less than a year eacn - and you can't replace them.  I got the Jabra Freeway in Aug. 2016 and it's still fine with microphone and speakers at very good quality.  I need to recharge it about every 3 weeks -it announced low battery- by running the charger line from the 12V plug, loop it around the rearview mirror stem, plug it into the unit and drive for 1/2 hour.  It recognizes door closures and announces "connected" when you get in the car and close the door after you leave it remains on standby and doesn't use much battery.

• Heart 2

It was a little different since we had a Christmas Eve dinner and then dinner and gifts on the 26th, but nothing on Christmas itself.  Everyone was able to be there (that's the reason we pushed it back a day)  and it was fun to see my niece after a few months of her first real job.  

• Heart 2

My daughter joined me on Boxing Day and immediately started to manage me...as usual. Complained about how my kitchen arranged and threatened to come for a whole day to rearrange it....God forbid. She went on to castigate me for not having a proper roasting tin in order to cook the roast.....however we did have a lovely dinner and the wine she brought was stunning....as was the Armagnac she gave me as a present.

She changed the settings on my phone to make it "better" thereby stopping my Bluetooth from connecting to my Fitbit watch thingy which I use to remind me when I have to pee.....I know....I know.....but it's necessary.

You see this is what happens when you have a daughter and you're a little old......they treat you as if you've lost your marbles. As a parting present, she left me with her cold which I'm presently enjoying along with a bad case of the skitters caused by the drugs I'm taking for stomach ulcers......believe me when I say that nothing is safe within a three-foot radius. Such is Christmas..............

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

Just wait till the New Years festivities land.

Ah.....for me as I'm back on my own I'll be tucked up in bed and I'm pretty certain it will be quiet as I won't be wearing my hearing aids. There are certain advantages to being deaf you know.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, onbike1939 said:

Ah.....for me as I'm back on my own I'll be tucked up in bed and I'm pretty certain it will be quiet as I won't be wearing my hearing aids. There are certain advantages to being deaf you know.

Well, I know how you feel as my oldest is visiting from Malaysia.  Normally we get along so long as it's a 12 time zone difference.  He is of course quite disappointed in me because I haven't adopted all of his ideas yet.

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Well, I know how you feel as my oldest is visiting from Malaysia.  Normally we get along so long as it's a 12 time zone difference.  He is of course quite disappointed in me because I haven't adopted all of his ideas yet.

It's terrible, isn't it? I mean I know that they are bound to know better...them being young and all.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, onbike1939 said:

She changed the settings on my phone to make it "better" thereby stopping my Bluetooth from connecting to my Fitbit watch thingy which I use to remind me when I have to pee.....I know....I know.....but it's necessary.

Wait.  Let's revisit this.  You need a timer on your wrist to remind you to piss? 

Got together with our daughters and their families today.  Everyone was around since  they were here yesterday for our niece's wedding.  On Saturday will be going to Ohio to be with my dad and family.  

Granddaughter Kiara with her new dog sledding cap.

DSC02131.thumb.jpg.f7c6165eb264693874def401671d8501.jpg

Grandma Jane has a red one like it.

DSC02100.thumb.jpg.38c610895193ac941619b44259a337d1.jpg

these wool caps were hand made by a friend in New Hampshire who is working to qualify to run the Iditarod with her team.

• Heart 1