Net gain, -.4

Wilbur

20 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Yeah I'm up about 10 since Thanksgiving.  I ate way too many carbs yesterday.  My weight is stable but my glucose was too high this morning.

Back on track today.

Comfort breakfast for me today, cream of wheat, brown sugar, and East Frisian tea.  Fast carbs for a slow guy.  Gonna shift into salad mode and then pizza mode later.

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Knowing my wife would be pissed if we made a Christmas feast and had friends and family over to enjoy it only to watch me refuse everything, I decided to fast the 21st through 23rd.  No problem, I can go 4 or 5 days very easily when in ketosis.  Christmas Eve and day, I went all out.  Ate more carbs than I have had in the past 6 months, everything from candy and baked goods starchy veggies and fruits etc.   The body goes from a fat consumer to carb consumer in the flip of a switch and cravings for more come back just as fast.   Today will be another fast day and I will be back to high fat, low carb eating tomorrow.  I got on the scale this morning and am down almost half a pound.  Everyone is happy and no one felt guilty about my not eating.  :) 

This sounds like my Thanksgiving.  Way to go, Wilbur!  Impressive.

Today, after going all out really since Saturday, I got on the scale and I'm up 4 pounds.  But some of that is do to an unusual amount of salt intake and I feel by the end of the week I can get back to or very close to my original weight exiting the holidays. I think I had more carbs on Monday that the entire 4 previous months combined.  No joke.  Sleepy and lethargic.

4 hours ago, jsharr said:

Great news Wilbur.  I do not like fasting.  Still dropping. Wore a belt yesterday I have never been able to buckle.  Portion control and tracking are working for me.

Today Roneo and I will go on a long walk

In my view, tracking is a key for me.  It forces me to be brutally honest and I'm always aware of the score.