No meat for me at the shoot

Airehead

I haven’t shot a gun in about 4-5 years. Not since we moved my parents into town. I was a pretty good shot a while back. My dad kept trying to get me in to competition silhouette, but I just had/have too many other interests. He was an international class shooter including 4 or 5 perfect 40s. 

He gave me his 30-30 when he sold the gun collection. Need to just go out to the range some time. 

• Heart 2

Did you blame your "low" score on your new gun?  ?

*what I would do. ex: still getting used to this small choke. Dad did this gun used to fire off to the left just a tad? The trigger feels just a bit "slow"

I teed up a couple for your dinner conversation 

• Heart 1

If you want to shoot for meat you should come here. I shoot rabbits in the garden and feed them to the feral cats. My feral cats seem to be to scared to take on a full grown bunny. We used to have cats that lived in our garage that would catch and eat full grown bunnies. There are lots of deer but they leave my garden alone so I leave them alone. My gun of choice for protecting the garden is a single shot 22 that my dad bought me when I turned twelve. One time when I was in a hurry and didn’t want to go downstairs to get ammo I shot a groundhog with my 44 Mag.That’s a bit of overkill but he didn’t destroy any more of my garden.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

One time when I was in a hurry and didn’t want to go downstairs to get ammo I shot a groundhog with my 44 Mag

I bet your ears rang for a while   :o

Took my 41 mag to the range once & forget my ear muffs. Well sense I was there I figured what the hell. Fired 5 shots and my ears rang for hours.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

If you want to shoot for meat you should come here. I shoot rabbits in the garden and feed them to the feral cats. My feral cats seem to be to scared to take on a full grown bunny. We used to have cats that lived in our garage that would catch and eat full grown bunnies. There are lots of deer but they leave my garden alone so I leave them alone. My gun of choice for protecting the garden is a single shot 22 that my dad bought me when I turned twelve. One time when I was in a hurry and didn’t want to go downstairs to get ammo I shot a groundhog with my 44 Mag.That’s a bit of overkill but he didn’t destroy any more of my garden.

Wth wouldn't you eat the bunny yourself?  You have lots of people to feed!

16 hours ago, Airehead said:

There are some good shooters in my family. Naturally good, I am not one of them. I am proud of my 45. I think I could beat @Parr8hed unless he puts in some practice before our competition. 

You could def take me in sporting clays.  Last time I shot I think it was my best ever, and I think it was in the neighborhood of 58 (out of 100).  I am probably a better shot with my .45 sig, but way out of practice.  I don't think it would take long to get some crispness back, but if we went today I think you'd mop up the floor with me.

Honestly I barely put enough lead downrange these days to stay proficient with my carry pistol.  

• Awesome 1