Thanks a lot, bastards!

Randomguy

I just sent two pointless emails to people I had gotten pretty far in the interview process with.  I thanked them for their time and to see if there was any feedback they could give me as to why they mistakenly gave the job to someone else.

What are the odds that they respond with feedback?

The letters were very nice, just so you know.

2 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I just sent two pointless emails to people I had gotten pretty far in the interview process with.  I thanked them for their time and to see if there was any feedback they could give me as to why they mistakenly gave the job to someone else.

What are the odds that they respond with feedback?

The letters were very nice, just so you know.

They have 2 hours to get done everything they need to get done before the end of the year and you want them to spend their time to tell you how you messed up.

• Heart 2

31 minutes ago, Chris... said:

they probably checked your social media. 

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Yes.  Well, one is out of the office, and the other one is probably drunk already.

Some of us are whores who kiss and tell, if you know what I mean.   I have been told it is unwise to kiss a whore.  I have never tried.

• Heart 1

I'm sorry you didn't get the jobs, but I agree that you are unlikely to get any useful information.  In reality, there were probably a few people who were qualified for the job and the ultimate choice comes down to something pretty random.  I hope the next time the random factors break in your favor.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

"Hope you had an excellent holiday and a happy new years! We ended up moving ahead with another candidate that had a bit more relevant / comparable experience. You did an excellent job in your interviews, and the overall feedback was very positive. Just got edged out by someone that was a bit stronger for this role specifically.  I’d love to stay in touch and connect again if/when another opportunity becomes available!"

Exactly what I would write if I wanted you out of my recruiting life.

*milktoast*

3 minutes ago, Dottles said:
On 12/28/2018 at 4:34 PM, Goat Geddah said:

You don't need their feedback.

You are a middle-aged-white-male.

You're fucked.

... on government assistance, no doubt. 

If your are fucked being a white guy, then there must be no hope for any one else, eh?  Sort of scary.

I think my last half-dozen owner/CEO's have been white middle class guys.  Maybe they didn't get the memo.

• Heart 1

23 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Both have responded to my emails, and had nice things to say.  One said  

"Hope you had an excellent holiday and a happy new years! We ended up moving ahead with another candidate that had a bit more relevant / comparable experience. You did an excellent job in your interviews, and the overall feedback was very positive. Just got edged out by someone that was a bit stronger for this role specifically.  I’d love to stay in touch and connect again if/when another opportunity becomes available!"

That was the one where I had to do a 15-20 minute powerpoint presentation/pitch, btw.

The other said they would marry me and have my children (conceptually)  but no dice right now.  They said based on my experience, that I was better suited for a different area for them, one that wasn't approved for hiring now.   The HR person said "all thought you were an excellent candidate and they are passing for no other reason" and that they would reach out again when a position was available and "they (hiring manager and HR head) continue to sing your praises."

It is nice to hear good feedback, at least they were cool enough to respond.  

That's a much better than normal return. On the management blog I read, the consensus is that nearly all hiring manager decline to provide feedback b/c of the high percentage of blow back they get after providing said feedback.

• Heart 2

23 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Both have responded to my emails, and had nice things to say.  One said  

That was the one where I had to do a 15-20 minute powerpoint presentation/pitch, btw.

The other said they would marry me and have my children (conceptually)  but no dice right now.  They said based on my experience, that I was better suited for a different area for them, one that wasn't approved for hiring now.   The HR person said "all thought you were an excellent candidate and they are passing for no other reason" and that they would reach out again when a position was available and "they (hiring manager and HR head) continue to sing your praises."

It is nice to hear good feedback, at least they were cool enough to respond.  

Damn!  That sucks.  Hopefully they will follow up soon with an offer from the other areas they thought you were a fit for.