NYE plans

bikeman564™

My brother was supposed to be in town. We were going to  brewery tasting room that had a band playing. Instead, they had to alter their trip plans. SIL’s dad is in hospice. They were planning to go there after visiting here, but he took a bad turn and isn’t expected to make it to 2019. ?

Probably just as well. We cancelled our reservations because I can’t stop coughing from the remaining part of the crud/flu. 

• Sad 2

Prior to my food poisoning...a early evening (4 to 8 pm) candlelight walk at Ft. Snelling State Park... Pike Island is where the Mississippi and Minnesota Rivers come together...and a place sacred to native Americans....it is gonna get cold..but right now it is snowing and 19 degrees..perfect for this adventure..the two times we did it, we gathered at 4:30 and were eating dinner in a restaurant by 7:30...home by about 9pm

• Heart 3

Went to see the Capital Steps-- 2:00 show like an old person. Dinner at 5 and now home trying to stay awake.   Some really funny stuff.   Especially a song---think cats in the cradle about Trump and his son.   Also Orange is the new Barrack. Political satire at its finest. I have probably seen them 15 times in 30 years. Always funny regardless of which party is in the White House. 

• Heart 2

The only thing even slightly tempting me to stay up is to watch the people in Times Square who were standing there in the rain for a lot of the day and be glad I'm not them.  But I don't think even that schadenfreude will keep me awake.

• Haha 3

We will have lovely quiet dinner at home -- salmon fillet with some sautéed ravioli made somewhere else (asparagus + ricotta cheese filling, mushroom filling, and pear-pecorrini cheese filling....yup 3 different types) and sautéed boy choy on side.  There will be wine. Fresh papaya and maybe pistachio gelato later.  

Getting all this food, was part of our lovely bike ride earlier today..

We do treat NYE dinner with nice, slightly less elaborate meal compared to Christmas. 

• Heart 1

Just got home from the wild party. Probably 35 people there all connected to my buddy’s family. The troublemakers weren’t there, so it was more peaceful. I drank very little so as not to have any issues with driving 30 miles home. Going to watch tv with BuffCarla til the ball drop. 

8:00pm MST, and I am eating a bit of supper.  I'll alternate between watching more episodes of Silent Witness and checking on the sheep.  It is currently 0F and headed for a forecast low of -7F. Depending on whether my wife checks at 10:30pm and what is happening, I may still be awake at midnight, but not on purpose.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

The only thing even slightly tempting me to stay up is to watch the people in Times Square who were standing there in the rain for a lot of the day and be glad I'm not them.  But I don't think even that schadenfreude will keep me awake.

I am fading fast!  Thank goodness I am not in Times Square!  WHAT were they thinking? :D

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1