Why I don't eat bagels anymore

Randomguy

My company serves bagels and muffins daily and some days it's tough to pass them up but I do. Especially when someone has a bagel in the toaster.

There is s coffee shop near a trail head I ride often and I will sometimes get the lox bagel.  When I do I stack all the good stuff on 1/2 the bagel and chuck the other half immediately or I'll eat it.

13 hours ago, smudge said:

I hate when an adult has a hissy fit.... unless it's me. :D

I found out the bagel shop I really liked in Brooklyn was shut down for not being clean enough. Sonofabitch! Was clean enough for me! 

mmmmm, those were good bagels. Not like the rocks in a bag we buy here. :(

We will go to the bagel pub next time you are in town, and you will forget your worries.  You can tag up with DH and K, Petite, Aire, and Kirby on a NYC extravaganza.  Cheese may attend, not sure yet.

• Awesome 1

21 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

We will go to the bagel pub next time you are in town, and you will forget your worries.  You can tag up with DH and K, Petite, Aire, and Kirby on a NYC extravaganza.  Cheese may attend, not sure yet.

Let me know when smudge is in town!  Shirley Kirby will join in, and so will I!

4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Let me know when smudge is in town!  Shirley Kirby will join in, and so will I!

It sounds as though a NYC gathering has the ingredients to happen.  Now all we need is a brave person to start by saying "I will bravely declare my intention to visit NYC on such and such a date and then we can all go eat cotton candy together, but not at Coney Island.  The cotton candy there is horrible.

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

It sounds as though a NYC gathering has the ingredients to happen.  Now all we need is a brave person to start by saying "I will bravely declare my intention to visit NYC on such and such a date and then we can all go eat cotton candy together, but not at Coney Island.  The cotton candy there is horrible.

Will there be beer?

• Haha 1

I will bravely declare my intention to visit NYC on such and such a date and then we can all go eat cotton candy together, but not at Coney Island.  The cotton candy there is horrible.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Myself said:

I got sucked in to the no fat idea a few decades ago.  I ate a bagel most days for breakfast.  Now I'm buying into the no carb idea.  Haven't had a bagel in many years.

Isn;t it amazing how "they" an be so arbitrary, even supposedly with science being so objective and all!  What a crock!  I've just bought into the all things in moderation idea of eating - ideally low carb and low sugar, but I make little if any effort to cut fat.  So I also mostly eschew bagels.  It does sort of appall me how much of our diet is bread, I 'spose because it is cheap, easy, and somewhat filling.  It is hard to avoid it without making a major and sustained effort.

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Isn;t it amazing how "they" an be so arbitrary, even supposedly with science being so objective and all!  What a crock!  I've just bought into the all things in moderation idea of eating - ideally low carb and low sugar, but I make little if any effort to cut fat.  So I also mostly eschew bagels.  It does sort of appall me how much of our diet is bread, I 'spose because it is cheap, easy, and somewhat filling.  It is hard to avoid it without making a major and sustained effort.

Eat food, not too much, mostly plants.  

• Awesome 2

2 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Why do you hate the diet book industry? :D

Because my wife is obsessed with them.  I've read and listened to far too many books.  Michael's statement makes the most sense to me, it's what I'm going with.

I will have a cupcake with lunch, and will not feel an ounce of guilt.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Myself said:

Because my wife is obsessed with them.  I've read and listened to far too many books.  Michael's statement makes the most sense to me, it's what I'm going with.

Michael recently wrote a huge treatise on magic mushrooms and other psychedelics. He is an interesting author. 

7 hours ago, Myself said:

My favorite bit of diet wisdom is "The closer a food is to its natural state, the better it is for you." 

And "Abs are made in the kitchen."

But mostly the first one.

13 minutes ago, smudge said:

And "Abs are made in the kitchen."

Sometimes babies are made in the kitchen. 

I am going to have a bagel for breakfast. For the past year I have had yogurt with strawberries and granola every Sunday morning. Tomorrow I will have a bagel with cream cheese and thin sliced smoked salmon.

• Awesome 1