First world Garmin problems

KrAzY

I have a Garmin 510 Edge that does great on my handlebars when I'm riding, giving me distance, speed, cadence, heart rate etc. info.

But when walking and I put it my pocket, the distance information is wrong along the same trails I cycle.  The only difference is the handlebars vs the pocket. Maybe I need to put a mount for it on top of a hat.

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I have a Garmin 510 Edge that does great on my handlebars when I'm riding, giving me distance, speed, cadence, heart rate etc. info.

But when walking and I put it my pocket, the distance information is wrong along the same trails I cycle.  The only difference is the handlebars vs the pocket. Maybe I need to put a mount for it on top of a hat.

I think my Garmin 520 Edge came with a little lanyard that the lawyer likely had them include in case someone didn't fully/properly attach it to the mount.  It attaches (and detaches) from a little slit on the top of the unit.  When hiking or riding without the bar mount, I attach the lanyard and then use a cheap carabiner :D to hang from my backpack (but it could attach to a belt as well).  This seems to keep it relatively unobstructed and in touch with the various satellites. 

8 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Sounds like your balls will be getting radiation more then my wrist. You need more clear sky's to pick up the satellites.

6 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I think my Garmin 520 Edge came with a little lanyard that the lawyer likely had them include in case someone didn't fully/properly attach it to the mount.  It attaches (and detaches) from a little slit on the top of the unit.  When hiking or riding without the bar mount, I attach the lanyard and then use a cheap carabiner :D to hang from my backpack (but it could attach to a belt as well).  This seems to keep it relatively unobstructed and in touch with the various satellites. 

Cheap is not the answer.. get a good carabineer that folds 52 kilonewtons and you will have better accuracy.

On 1/6/2019 at 7:21 PM, KrAzY said:

So.. I decided to buy myself and my wife new watched. I do have a forerunner 920XT and a Fenix 2, but I wanted something smaller to wear while working and just out and aboot. I picked us up the vivosmart HR+ watches for a good price. 

Welp.. looks like Everytime I ride my motorcycle it is trying to log it under a cycling exercise. I don't mind it much because it scores more workout points for me and the wife does not know..I wish there was a way to override the workout and have it ignore the cycling part. 

Garmin wrote me back saying it's because of the position of my watch while on the motorcycle that causes it. I say that fine and all, but why have the watch automatically stsrt logging a workout.. that's just silly.

And if you just skipped to this point.. please like this post so I can have more likes then AWWC.  Thanks!

551622AC-4018-43C9-8777-45F209B92F14.jpeg