Math The Dottles Way!

Razors Edge

...and by that, I mean it doesn't add (or subtract) up!

The I-81 tolls are expected to bring in about $150 million per year.

That would pay for an estimated $2.2 billion in projects along I-81 and parallel routes regularly used as detours. The projects include efforts to more quickly clear crashes, add message boards to warn drivers of crashes ahead, and to widen several parts of I-81, including the area where I-66 traffic merges to head south.

1 minute ago, TrentonMakes said:

.....doesnt' say they're going to do all these projects in a year?

$150M x 15 years gets you in the ballpark of $2.2B.

Fine, they are disregarding the present value/future value comparison.

I will do my best to avoid I-81 in Virginia now.

Those are all the projects that need doing NOW.  Over the next 20 years, those projects will be but a small portion of the overall needs.  It's just BS math.  

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Huh?

They regularly get stuff like this wrong.  It's pretty amusing, they know they're pretty clueless sometimes, callers point it out pretty quickly

My guess is they didn't fully read their source material, and it might have been that you get more pizza per dollar, if you want to give up some quantity.

1 minute ago, 12string said:

They regularly get stuff like this wrong.  It's pretty amusing, they know they're pretty clueless sometimes, callers point it out pretty quickly

My guess is they didn't fully read their source material, and it might have been that you get more pizza per dollar, if you want to give up some quantity.

So, an 18" (diameter) pizza gives MORE or LESS pizza (measured in area) than two 12" pizzas????  And the radio folks say it is better to get the 18" (assuming same cost) because you get more pizza? And you're saying they are incorrect?

You think Dottles can prove them wrong?

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

So, an 18" (diameter) pizza gives MORE or LESS pizza (measured in area) than two 12" pizzas????  And the radio folks say it is better to get the 18" (assuming same cost) because you get more pizza? And you're saying they are incorrect?

No, I think I can get $150 and Dottles will be happy with his winnings

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I don't care for eating the pizza crust so that has to be figured in here.  And before you let Dottie do the math does a larger pie have a wider of narrower crust?

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I don't care for eating the pizza crust so that has to be figured in here.  And before you let Dottie do the math does a larger pie have a wider of narrower crust?

My guess would be the same - probably a 1" crust on both - making the 18" only a 16" and the 12" actually 10"!

This deal looks better by the minute!

Or does it????