Breathe...

Randomguy

So about 20 years ago WoKzoo was having issues sleeping at night - real issues.  Come to find out she would hyperventilate in her sleep due to some sleeping anxiety issue and that would cause her to pass out (in her sleep) because she would stop breathing.  When she passed out her breathing would return and she would wake up with near zero oxygen in her blood stream causing her to be dizzy and unable to get out of bed.  It was very perplexing the first time it happened.  The second time the ambulance was called and they got a blood Ox reading.  The ER doc prescribed a half a tab of Xanax and after 2 times of trying that she threw those out.  She never had another issue.

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

So about 20 years ago WoKzoo was having issues sleeping at night - real issues.  Come to find out she would hyperventilate in her sleep due to some sleeping anxiety issue and that would cause her to pass out (in her sleep) because she would stop breathing.  When she passed out her breathing would return and she would wake up with near zero oxygen in her blood stream causing her to be dizzy and unable to get out of bed.  It was very perplexing the first time it happened.  The second time the ambulance was called and they got a blood Ox reading.  The ER doc prescribed a half a tab of Xanax and after 2 times of trying that she threw those out.  She never had another issue.

Yeah.  I've recently had insomnia and I don't get it often.  But I've experienced that dizzying and stop breathing thing before.  It's not a problem with my cpap machine but ever since I became the proud owner of Larry, Moe, and Curly stents, my cpap machine is causing me a problem and I can't use it to sleep.  Now I'm back to ground zero.  PITA.  I'll I want to do i sleep.

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

Yeah.  I've recently had insomnia and I don't get it often.  But I've experienced that dizzying and stop breathing thing before.  It's not a problem with my cpap machine but ever since I became the proud owner of Larry, Moe, and Curly stents, my cpap machine is causing me a problem and I can't use it to sleep.  Now I'm back to ground zero.  PITA.  I'll I want to do i sleep.

I've heard that one of the side effects of the lack of sleep is the inability to math properly.  

1 minute ago, Kzoo said:

I've heard that one of the side effects of the lack of sleep is the inability to math properly.  

Also, ability to math is adversely impacted by riding an e-bike, where one does not get the blood flowing to brain to the same degree as someone riding a real bicycle.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1