NFL Divisional Round Weekend (Official)

Road Runner

30 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I have seen exactly 1 Eagles game this season (yesterday’s), but my mother’s boyfriend is an Eagles STH. By his report, Wentz was pulled due to poor play, with the injury a convenient excuse to cover for it. He wants Foles retained, and Wentz traded. While he may be a crazy old coot, is his opinion respesentative if a small, silent group, a loud vocal minority, or something a sizable contingency of Eagles fans want?

That's a conspiracy theory that's been floated by people who forget that when Foles started the season they were screaming to get him out of there and let Wentz play no matter how short his recovery would be.  A crazy minority, most are smart enough to realize Wentz is far better.  

It was timing, really.  The blowout loss to the Saints woke them from their super bowl slumber, then Foles came in, some players got healthy, some fill in players got better.  Injuries really did this team in.  They were forced to play 15 (or 16?) players in the 4 secondary positions this year.  The Saints scored their first TD when #48 misread the play.  #48?  Who?  Hawkins?  It honestly took me 3 different Google searches to find out that he was signed off practice squad Dec. 24.

3 hours ago, 12string said:

That's a conspiracy theory that's been floated by people who forget that when Foles started the season they were screaming to get him out of there and let Wentz play no matter how short his recovery would be.  A crazy minority, most are smart enough to realize Wentz is far better.  

It was timing, really.  The blowout loss to the Saints woke them from their super bowl slumber, then Foles came in, some players got healthy, some fill in players got better.  Injuries really did this team in.  They were forced to play 15 (or 16?) players in the 4 secondary positions this year.  The Saints scored their first TD when #48 misread the play.  #48?  Who?  Hawkins?  It honestly took me 3 different Google searches to find out that he was signed off practice squad Dec. 24.

Need a WR? He’s free to the team that can trade for him, ‘cause all of his cap hit is based on his already paid signing bonus. How about a running back who wants more than $15M a season, and more than $33M guaranteed?

• Heart 1